BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Manufacturing Operator Nights in Canaan, Connecticut
Job Description Summary
Perform all tasks in manufacturing (mark, assembly & package) and operate all respective equipment at a rate equal to or above established standards while maintaining all quality and GMP standards.
• Continually monitor operations for product quality and equipment performance.
• Make authorized adjustments and modifications to equipment as needed to maintain process quality and productivity.
• Responsible for product quality; in-process checks, accurately complete all quality documentation, quality documentation review, requalification, rework
• Seek assistance from mechanical technicians & supervisors to meet production and quality expectations when required.
• Perform or assist with product or equipment changeovers.
• Assist line technicians with equipment repair, trouble shooting and preventive maintenance.
• Keep machinery, work area and floors neat and orderly and comply with GMP requirements.
• Perform quality inspections, process tests and record data accurately as required.
• Maintain accurate documentation for reporting PPH, scrap/waste, SAP and MES transactions.
• Identify and report any issues to the Supervisor.
• Proactively participate in problem solving methods through CI activities, (Blitz’s, Kaizens, KAS)
• Operators must effectively cooperate with the others to ensure effective shift transfer and communication.
• Support business needs by working overtime as necessary to satisfy schedule requirements
• Other duties as assigned
• Participate fully to achieve the department’s safety goals.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Hold self accountable to follow all safety policies & procedures.
• Debrief accidents and implement solutions to eliminate root cause.
• Hold team members to safety standards/regulations & policies.
• All other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED
Primary Work LocationUSA CT - Canaan
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.