BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Engineer II, DevOps in Chandigarh, India
Job Description Summary
The Infrastructure System Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and upgrading systems to ensure the environment is secured and updated. This role includes, but not limited to patch management, security compliance, system upgrades, backups, disaster recovery/business continuity planning, monitoring system performance, cloud integration initiatives, and various projects to meet business objectives.
Minimum work experience of 5 Years.
• Working with Ivanti, Microsoft SCCM, Azure Update Management, and other patch management tools.
• Troubleshoots complex server hardware and OS related issues.
• Monitor systems and equipment throughout the enterprise.
• Develop and maintain document processes and procedures.
• Evaluate, test, and implement new productions and solutions.
• Performs other related systems administration duties and tasks as required by management.
• Deploy new systems and solutions under best practices guidelines.
• Adhere to organizational policies and procedure initiatives.
• Follow through with tasks and projects.
• Monitor/optimize system resources and utilization.
Partners with a variety of technology and business operations teams to ensure seamless data transmission for the end to end patch management workflow.
Develops Patching Plan to support monthly vendor patches to all systems.
Responsible for identifying enhancements, defining requirements, and assisting leadership in the prioritizing, development, testing, and implementation.
Supports system patching and tests for unintended consequence of system performance.
Communicates results, status, and actions effectively.
Ensures that the end to end Patch Management workflow, processes, and procedures adhere to Security policies and standards.
• Educational experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and five years' work-related experience
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
• Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of computer software and hardware and their network applications
• Strong Microsoft Server Operating Systems
• Strong background supporting Linux Servers helpful
• Strong VMware experience - other virtualization technologies helpful
- Good to have experience in cloud technologies.
• Excellent organizational skills
Primary Work Location
IND Chandigarh - DLF IT Park
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.