BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) CT Metrology Engineer in Columbus, Nebraska
Job Description Summary
New BD state of the art injection molding facility starting up in Columbus, NE to manufacture medical devices. BD has a number of injection molding sites located worldwide. This site will be the Center of Excellence of injection molding for one of the largest injection molding companies in the world. Factory of the future technologies employed at the Center of Excellence will include all electric injection molding presses, automatic resin handling systems, in-mold sensor technology, robotic part removal, automated component handling and inspection and automated mold changes. This is an opportunity for highly motivated, forward thinking, self-starters to join this world class organization.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing CT scanning metrology methods to evaluate product compliance to design specifications. This role assists manufacturing, quality and engineering with establishing and optimizing CT measurement procedures and training others to perform inspections. Responsibilities also include driving improvement by actively researching and developing advanced techniques and best practices by networking with others both within and outside BD.
1. Operate CT Scanner, X-ray Computed Tomography (CT), and develop expertise in the use of the CT Scanning machine and software for medical product inspection and analysis applications.
2. Analyze and post-process CT scan data in support of product and process qualification activities using OEM CT Scanner software, Geomagic, Volume Graphics, or equivalent software.
3. Provide engineering support for utilizing CT scanning technology to validate/qualify manufacturing equipment, processes and products.
4. Interact with plant production, continuous improvement & quality teams to examine options and develop plans to leverage CT scanning tools to support plant performance.
5. Actively research and implement new technologies and best practices within CT scanning and post processing.
6. Maintain state-of-the-art CT scanning and post processing competencies through training courses, seminars, and industry conferences.
7. Develop standard measurement routine programs for first article inspection (FAI) and other required inspections.
8. Coordinate routine preventive maintenance and calibration activities for the CT Scanning equipment.
9. Assist with development and application of additional related metrology resources & capabilities as needed.
10. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
• Develop CT Scanner inspection routines & programs and train technicians to perform inspections.
• Product inspection using CT scanning technology and associated analysis reports.
• Validation, calibration, & maintenance of CT scanning equipment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Minimum Education and Experience:
B.S. Degree in an engineering field. Plastics, manufacturing, or mechanical engineering degree preferred plus 2 years of related metrology engineering experience.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of industry experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience. CT scanning or related metrology engineering experience preferred as well as CMM programming beneficial.
Minimum/Preferred Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
CT Scanning & Analysis
3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
GD&T defined by ASME and ISO Standards
Measurement System Validation and Gage R&R
Statistical Analysis, Minitab/SPC
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent Organizational and Interpersonal skills
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (East)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status