BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) North Molding Mold Tech - 2nd Shift in Columbus, Nebraska
Job Description Summary
Job Grade JG1
Set-up and operate molding machines in accordance with standard procedures. Maintain an acceptable level of production, quality and housekeeping in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Verify correct set-up of molds, presses and auxiliary equipment before machine start up. Establish proper molding conditions. Obtain mold approval at the appropriate time.
• Assist with the set-up and maintenance of auxiliary equipment, including granulators, conveyors, liquid temperature controls, and mold electrical controls.
• Make minor repairs to machines and equipment and notify proper personnel of necessary major repairs.
• Assist Mold Attendants as time permits and help relieve other Molding Technicians for breaks and fills in during personnel shortages.
• Assist Supervisor with training programs for new employees.
• Responsible and accountable for: achieving adequate production levels, maintaining the expected product quality, and keeping area clean and in order.
• Familiar with all the department's inspection procedures and standards. Responsible for the regular and periodic monitoring of product for acceptable quality to the most recent specification.
• Maintain records and prepare legible reports, including SPC reports, QC inspection reports, housekeeping checklists, mold cavity data sheets, production downtime reports, cycle time sheets and problem/corrective action logs, etc. accordance with departmental standards and Quality System Standards.
• Observe all safety and environmental procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Work with limited supervision and maintain an atmosphere of cooperation among and between shifts, mold repair shop, quality control, and management to facilitate departmental goals.
• Perform miscellaneous duties as required by the Supervisor
Education / Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
• Minimum requirements for this position include a High School Diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of 2 years mechanical experience in industrial/manufacturing environment.
• Completed coursework in following subjects required (relevant experience may be substituted for individual courses): Schematics, Basic Principles of Mechanics, Introduction to Industrial Technology, Basic Thermoplastic Injection Molding, and Advanced Thermoplastic Injection Molding.
• Requires following WorkKeys™ scores prior to employment start: Applied Math-4; Applied Technology-4; Locating Information-5; Observation-4; Reading for Information-5; Teamwork-4.
• Requires general knowledge of plastic materials and processes; general knowledge of mold design and operation; good knowledge of injection molding processes; understanding of hydraulic circuits as applied to injection molding machines; and knowledge of auxiliary equipment involved in injection molding.
• Must have strong mechanical skills along with initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Must be proficient in use of computers to generate product tickets and make data entries.
• RJG Master Molder 1 Certification preferred.
• Experience with SAP preferred.
• Experience with high volume, high speed, high cavitation, and medical device molding preferred.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (West)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.