BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Process Engineering Manager in Columbus, Nebraska
Job Description SummaryResponsible for day to day operations and maintenance of plant equipment. Manages all of the functions and activities related to the Process Engineering group. Overseees Process Engineering and electronic projects. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to speak, read and write English. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Directs the Process Engineering function to achieve the overall objectives of the Plant.
2. Directs the design and implementation of new manufacturing processes and process improvements to meet Plant objectives.
3. Ensures that all equipment is maintained in good working order through proper execution of the Plant PM system.
4. Develops a financial analysis to achieve new manufacturing cost reductions and process improvements.
5. Directs the activities of the Electro-mechanical Technician functional group in support of manufacturing and project engineering.
6. Work with the Executive Steering Committee to focus improvement projects in areas in-line with overall plant goals.
7. Work closely with the Engineering Manager to help drive the strategic direction for the plant.
8. Supervises, trains, evaluates and develops direct reports.
9. Provides avenues for technical training for the Process Engineering Group. Evaluates required skills and acts to acquire these skills in the department.
10. Other duties as assigned.
This position supervises: Small Team (1 to 10)
• New manufacturing processes and process improvements meet plant objectives.
• Ensure that equipment is running efficiently and effectively.
• Electro-mechanical Technician functional group supports manufacturing and project engineering.
• Optimized utilization and development of process engineering department staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
This position has the following educational requirements:
Field(s) of Study: Engineering
Field(s) of Study: Mechanical Engineering
Five to seven years in the Engineering field.
Living the BD Values
We Accept Personal Responsibility
•We consider individual involvement and accountability to be both a right and a privilege and accept personal responsibility for everything that we do. We treat the company's reputation as our own and try to make wise use of our time and the company's resources. We consider individual involvement and accountability to be both a right and a privilege.
•We expect access to the tools and information necessary to participate in any decisions that will reflect on our collective or individual reputations.
We Treat Each Other With Respect
•BD associates act with respect towards each other and toward those with whom we interact. We disagree openly and honestly, and we deal with our differences professionally. Once we have made a decision, we act together in harmony.
We Always Seek To Improve
•Superior quality is the "ground floor" of our organization. Upon it we continually strive to improve by developing, manufacturing and supplying products and services superior to our competitors’ and better than the previous ones.
•We study our progress and learn from ourselves and others how to do things more effectively and efficiently. Our commitment to quality goes beyond how well we serve our customers to include the way we deal with all people. How we do things is as important to us as what we do.
We Do What Is Right
•We are committed to the highest standards of excellence in everything that we do: on behalf of our customers, our shareholders, our communities and ourselves. We are proud to work for a health care company whose products and services make a difference in people’s lives.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (East)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status