BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Set-Up Technician in Columbus, Nebraska
Job Description SummaryJob Description Summary
Manufacturing Talent Needed! Join us in our quest to make lives better and healthier! Imagine what you can do with your career. Becoming a BD Associate is not just a job. This is where you can plan and train for your future. Help us advance the world of health. When you join BD you are joining a company with more than 100 years of experience supplying injection technology to the healthcare industry. BD provides you with stable employment while you provide your drive to succeed and grow with us. BD is about more than work, Work/Life balance is a strong part of our culture. Our Total Rewards Benefits Program starts on day 1. Come talk to us. Let’s explore where the future can lead.
Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
Medical for you and your family (starts day one)
Dental & Vision
401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of pay
Basic life insurance and group universal life.
Job Grade: H09
Repair and adjust production equipment to produce parts which conform to quality specifications, at specified output rates. Routinely troubleshoot equipment including dismantling and reassembling machine components. Perform changeovers, line clearance and cleaning. Work as a team with peers for maximum effectiveness in assigned tasks to maintain a production rate equal to or greater than the established standards. Responsible for product quality inspections, operating equipment, raw material/finished goods movement, and cleaning/sanitizing. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Informal leader for respective line.
2. Communicate on a daily basis with prior and post shift associates regarding technical and other pertinent issues.
3. Set-up machines per established procedures, to manufacture product which conforms to quality specifications, at the rated output.
4. Repair, adjust and troubleshoot machinery including dismantling, replacement of machine components and reassembling.
5. Work with technical support until machine issue is resolved.
6. Continually monitor operations for product quality and equipment performance, including QC lot acceptance rate.
7. Monitor process parameters and take appropriate action.
8. Perform quality inspections and quality monitoring.
9. Record accurate inspection and production data as required.
10. Maintain equipment according to the preventative maintenance schedule.
11. Perform all product changeovers.
12. Perform changeover of all modules, including camera vision system.
13. Keep equipment supplied with components and material necessary to sustain continuous operation, including placement of finished components into appropriate locations.
14. Assign associates to alternate tasks as needed. Instruct associates on proper job methods and follow-up to be certain the instructions are understood andfollowed.
15. Assist technical staff on machinemodifications/testing,equipmentvalidations.
16. Responsible to contribute to the continuous improvement of the process.
17. Other duties as assigned.
SPECIFC SKILL SETS:
Must have the mechanical skills/education/background required to setup, changeover, problem solve, improve and maintain production equipment.
Must meet all other educational and training requirements established now or in the future by management that may result from changing technical needs.
Must be able to understand and follow the policies and procedures of our Quality System, Good Manufacturing Practices and all regulations and rules.
Expected to work on teams, have leadership skills and leave by examples the BD Core Values.
Must have, and be able to demonstrate the necessary mechanical ability for the equipment being maintained.
The ability to use power tools, gauges and other shop equipment.
Must have the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems efficiently and effectively.
Negotiable based on experience and education
High school diploma or GED
Immediate openings on our off shifts, varying hours and days: Monday – Friday (4pm – 12am or 12am – 8am) or rotating every other weekend (Friday – Sunday) off (6pm – 6am).
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (West)
Additional LocationsUSA NE - Columbus (East)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status