BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Setup Instruct Repair - Specials - 3rd Shift in Columbus, Nebraska
Job Description Summary
Changeover, set-up, and trouble-shoot machines in the Specialty Cannula Department. Support the activities of the department as necessary to meet objectives. The nature of these jobs requires flexibility and adaptability as condition change. Assist QC Manufacturing Representative and /or QC Technician in performing machine and process capability studies, etc.
Must be able to read, understand and follow hazardous waste handling procedures to comply with EPA requirements.
OPERATOR WILL BE RESPONSIBLE AND PERFORM AS FOLLOWS:
Maintain equipment operation, monitoring and performance of grinding systems.
Know processes and QC Specifications.
Maintain equipment performance and all PM's.
Make process equipment adjustments, repairs and service as required so that continuous work patterns and operations are maintained.
Clean up as required.
Maintain accurate TPM & PM records.
RESPONSIBILITY: GENERAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Change over, setup and trouble-shoot all machines in Specials.
2. Perform preventative maintenance & TPM's as assigned.
3. Knowledgeable and skilled in use of hand tools.
4. Must comply with all regulatory standards.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Due to the nature of specialty needle production, additional equipment and job duties may be added as deemed necessary by department coordinator
2. Must maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area and equipment
3. Use macroscope, microscope, calipers, laser rotation, or other test equipment to perform QC requirements
1. Reports directly to shift coordinator and has no authority over others. Able to work effectively in a team, accurately and with limited supervision
2. Executes additional duties as required by coordinator
3. Must be familiar with all specifications as outlined in Quality Control Specifications, blueprints and GMP manuals which pertain to this operation
4. Must comply with department protective clothing, safety and management policies
5. Must be familiar with specifications and documentation associated with operations of this position. Understand Process Specifications, Preventative Maintenance and Quality System Manual, blueprints and GMP manuals which pertain to this operation
6. The operations of this position may specify use of chemicals. In such cases, completion of periodic Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and Right-to-Know training will be required for these chemicals
7. Be available to report to work during off shift hours to aid in machine repair or set-up as required.
Required Knowledge, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
Level of Education/Knowledge needed:
· High School diploma or GED
· Knowledgeable of ISO & FDA regulations and BD Quality policies
Level of Experience needed:
· No previous experience required.
· Previous manufacturing experience desired.
Level of Skills Needed:
· Proficient at reading and writing English
· work with others (interpersonal skills)
· give and receive feedback
· train others
· solve problems and make informed decisions
· plan and organize job tasks
· set priorities and timelines
· communicate (both verbally and in writing)
· break down tasks into their parts
· take initiative (see what needs to be done and then do it)
· Precision measuring instruments
· BD inspection methods and documentation
Starting Hourly Wage :
Negotiable based on experience and education.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (West)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.