BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) South Molding B Shift Molding Technician (TIJ restrictions lifted) in Columbus, Nebraska
Job Description Summary
- Job Grade JG1
Set-up and operate molding machines and auxiliary equipment in accordance with standard procedures. Maintain acceptable levels of production, quality and housekeeping in accordance with good manufacturing practices and injection molding environment.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the department and all equipment, specifically those assigned but also includes any equipment in the department during your shift.
• Assist with the set-up and maintenance of auxiliary equipment, including granulators, conveyors, liquid temperature controls, and mold electrical controls.
• Set up and trouble shooting of injection molding process using systematic methodologies. Make minor repairs to machines and equipment and notify proper personnel of necessary major repairs.Verify correct set-up of molds, presses and auxiliary equipment before machine start up. Establish proper molding conditions. Obtain mold approval at the appropriate time.
• Complete training ITRs and any other additional C2C and molding training.
• Responsible and accountable for: Following all Safety, Environmental, and Quality policies and procedures. Ensuring adequate inventories are maintained to meet production needs. Must communicate at a high level with the Lead Mold Techs, other mold techs, mold mechanics, mold repair, and Molding Coordinator. Mold set/pulls/1st piece approvals. Addressing quality issues and equipment breakdowns to maintain production.
• Familiar with all the department's inspection procedures and standards. Responsible for the regular and periodic monitoring of product for acceptable quality to the most recent specification.
• Maintain records and prepare legible reports, including SPC reports, QC inspection reports, housekeeping checklists, mold cavity data sheets, production downtime reports, cycle time sheets and problem/corrective action logs, etc. accordance with departmental standards and Quality System Standards.
• Observe all safety and environmental procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Work with limited supervision and maintain an atmosphere of cooperation among and between shifts, mold repair shop, quality control, and management to facilitate departmental goals.
• Perform miscellaneous duties as required by the Supervisor
Education / Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
• Minimum requirements for this position include a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Previous injection molding and leadership experience preferred.
• Completed coursework in following subjects required (relevant experience may be substituted for individual courses): Schematics, Basic Principles of Mechanics, Introduction to Industrial Technology, Basic Thermoplastic Injection Molding, and Advanced Thermoplastic Injection Molding.
• Injection molding experience-pulling, setting, starting molds, passing quality requirements.
• Requires general knowledge of plastic materials and processes; general knowledge of mold design and operation; good knowledge of injection molding processes; understanding of hydraulic circuits as applied to injection molding machines; and knowledge of auxiliary equipment involved in injection molding.
• Must have strong mechanical skills along with initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Must be proficient in use of computers to generate product tickets and make data entries.
• RJG Master Molder 1 Certification preferred.
• Experience with SAP preferred.
• Experience with high volume, high speed, high cavitation, and medical device molding preferred.
- Ability to read and write English. Regular, punctual attendance required.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (West)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status