BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Field Assurance Specialist I in Covington, Georgia
Bard has joined BD, together advancing the world of health. BD Urology & Critical Care, formerly Bard Medical, is looking to fill the position of Field Assurance Specialist I located in Covington, GA.
The Field Assurance Specialist will coordinate the review, investigation, and corrective actions associated with product complaints with the responsible manufacturing facilities in accordance with Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures, Quality System Regulations, and other regulatory requirements.
Provides assistance in all areas of complaint handling to ensure that the duties of the department are performed in an accurate and timely manner
• Receive complaints and follow-up to collect relevant information from the user
• Decision making skills for complaint determination
• Responsible for accurate complaint entry for disposable medical devices and capital equipment for both domestic and international customers
• Follow-up with customers and sales representatives to obtain additional information when necessary and to request return of overdue complaint samples
• Arrange for the return of complaint samples
• Matches any returned samples with their corresponding complaint files and performs preliminary evaluations on returned samples to verify they are correct per the documented file
• Follow-up with investigators when investigations are aging
• Review and approve investigations performed by the manufacturing site or OEM supplier
• Performs final review for closure of non-reportable complaint files to ensure accuracy, completeness, and attention to detail
• Attends training on new products or changes to existing products
• Generates results letters to customers
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and telephone presence/manner
• Strong interpersonal skills required in the areas of verbal and written communications, customer focus, telephone courtesy, professionalism, and influencing
• Must be able to comprehend and apply QSR and FDA regulations
• Detailed oriented - committed to accuracy, efficiency, and consistency
• Must be capable of drafting own correspondence with hospitals and end users
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with a minimum of an basic skill level in Microsoft Excel
• Good proofreading skills and memory retention skills
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment
• BS/BA degree required; Clinical experience preferred
• 1-3 years of experience with TrackWise or electronic complaint handling preferred
• 1-3 years of experience with FDA regulated industry including medical complaint handling and MDR/adverse event reporting preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms and lifts and/or moves up to ten pounds. Employee is required to meet with other personnel in other areas of building. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This position works in a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. This position also has exposure to laboratory environment, which may require handling of all types of chemicals including those that present health, flammability, and reactivity hazards. Must be trained in blood-borne pathogens and handling bio-hazardous materials.
Career Level: entry level
Relocation Available?: No
External Company Name: C.R. Bard, Inc.
External Company URL: www.crbard.com
Street: 8195 Industrial Blvd.
C. R. Bard, Inc. (NYSE: BCR) is a leading multinational developer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative, life-enhancing medical technologies in the fields of vascular, urology, oncology and surgical specialty products, employing over 13,000 people around the world. Founded in 1907, we pioneered many devices that are now the cornerstones of modern healthcare.
We expect the highest levels of quality, integrity, service, and innovation from our employees – on the job and in the communities in which we work and live. In return, we foster an environment where individuals are treated with fairness and respect, and feel valued, acknowledged and rewarded. Bard is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
Be Your Best at Bard – and ultimately, you can have an impact on the lives of people around the world.