BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Ingeniero de Control (Onsite) in Fraga, Spain
Job Description Summary
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to ‘helping all people live healthy lives’.
Our Fraga facility is home to approximately 600 associates and specialises in the development and manufacture of plastic, purpose-designed drug delivery systems which are supplied to the pharmaceutical industry for filling and distributed to end-users worldwide.
As Controls Engineer reporting to our Engineering and Maintenance Supervisor, you’ll be accountable for participating in research and development for the continuous improvement of the machinery of production processes. That’ll involve collaborating with the Quality department to solve problems of product quality and our Production department to modernize the production process. You’ll also be responsible for developing activity in control systems in a production area of the Plant.
In addition to close liaison with project teams to ensure support is provided to meet project objectives, your other key Controls Engineer responsibilities include:
• Develop the programming of the PLCs of new machinery and modifications of the existing one
• Design the electrical diagrams of new developments of machinery or process
• Diagnosis and troubleshooting of industrial machinery
• Define URS (User Requirement Specifications) and SDS (System Design Specifications) together with suppliers for new technology developments
• Develop, improve and maintain SCADA systems
• Develop, improve and maintain MES systems
• Design and implement process automation systems
Educated to degree level in Software/Controls Engineering or IT/OT , you’ll have a proven engineering track record as a control engineer within a medium- to high-volume manufacturing environment . Your robust knowledge and experience of programming languages of PLCs / HMIs, will complement your skills in problem analysis and fault-finding. Your other attributes include:
• Good knowledge of English, spoken and written
• good knowledge in activities related to ERP systems and Project Management
Primary Work Location
ESP Huesca - Fraga