BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Clinical Program Manager (Remote) in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Job Description SummaryGlobal Clinical Development (GCD) is part of the Medical Affairs organization of Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD), which strives, with more than 65.000 employees in 150+ countries, to advance the world of healthcare. We do this by providing technological solutions that improve the efficiency in healthcare, increase the safety and decrease the healthcare cost.
The role of GCD in the organization is to provide any services in human subject research where needed globally. Ensuring quality study execution to meet regulatory and commercial goals, in the desired, and/or most cost-effective geography. GCD is supporting all Business Units within BD and is therefore involved in the execution of clinical studies with a broad range of products. GCD provides support for study execution, data management, statistics and medical writing.
Who are we looking for?
To strengthen our team and expand our support to the BD Business Units, and specifically the BD Interventional-Surgery Business Unit, in the increasing number of projects, we are looking for a Clinical Program Manager.
A Clinical Program Manager functions in a critical functional team leadership role, assuming the responsibility and accountability for direct management of specific projects, and accountability for delivery of all projects under the assigned program. The Clinical Program Manager is expected to work independently, proactively assess, mitigate, and manage risks across all areas of the projects, and escalate issues appropriately through the organization. The Clinical Program Manager is expected to drive continuous improvement at multiple project teams and at the department level. The Clinical Program Manager proactively looks to leverage best practices, operates with agility and flexibility, and is expected to develop and implement appropriate risk-based approaches with the appropriate consultation or informing of leadership.
Specific to this position, the Clinical Program Manager leads the consulting, planning, implementation, execution and/or oversight of clinical studies in the hernia and breast reconstruction platforms of the Surgery Business Unit.
As Clinical Project Manager:
• You will be involved in all clinical studies in the hernia and breast reconstruction platforms, varying from serving as a Clinical Project Manager to providing high-level oversight or being consulted or informed.
• You will manage assigned and allocated internal/external resources to deliver clinical studies aligned with the Business Unit’s strategy, scope, timeline and budget, and ensure collaboration with BU on the priorities, risk, changes, critical milestones and budget/resource needs.
• You will provide critical thinking, leadership and expertise in study design and execution for regulatory response and submission.
• You will develop effective and efficient operating relationships with GCD Portfolio Managers and peer Program Managers.
Above all, we are looking for a Clinical Program Manager who fits best within our department with regards to personality, motivation and drive.
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in the Life or Medical Sciences, typically but not limited to: Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Microbiology, Immunology, Physiology, Toxicology and Zoology;
• 7 years minimum clinical research experience, ideally in the medical device industry, with subject matter expertise knowledge in the hernia surgery and/or breast reconstruction therapeutical areas;
• Extensive knowledge of regulatory aspects concerning human subject research (e.g. ICH-E6: GCP and ISO 14155, as well as MDD and MDR);
• Demonstrable Project Management skills; PMP or PMI-ACP Certification is a preferred goal for all Clinical Program Managers;
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, fluency in additional languages is a plus.
With whom and for whom will you work?
All employees in the GCD department, regardless of role, are expected to share our commitment to making a difference in the lives of others as we advance the world of health. We embody BD Values on a daily basis through our actions:
We do what is right - We are authentic - We are accountable - We improve every day - We help each other be great.
The Clinical Program Manager reports directly to the Senior Manager, Clinical Portfolio Management, GCD and collaborates with Medical Affairs and Regulatory Affairs teams in the BUs, as well as other Portfolio and Project Managers.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsUSA RI - Warwick
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.