BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Global PharmSystems Portfolio Marketing Manager in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Job Description Summary
Strategic Marketing Management for a whole portoflio, end to end marketing oversight of your range: from collaborating with the business directors and global project teams on development products to create strong value propositions for your markets, to guidance and monitoring of regional activities for market shaping and demand generation for launched products.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly creative and driven professional, to join our Global Marketing Portfolio Team.
You will be responsible for supporting our global marketing and brand management for assigned project portfolio with a focus on strategic marketing input and promotion tools preparation.
This is a high profile role with tremendous amount of visibility within the business. You will develop, translate and use customer insights as critical GLobal Product Development input to identify product differentiation, contribute to dialog with development in order to deliver differentiated product with attractive value proposition for our customers and to manage life cycle for sustained value over time.
Propose strategies and lead, in coordination with segment business directors, the marketing implementation to ensure successful global launch of new products: create and implement global plans for market development/ launch/ market penetration plans, ensuring clarity and cross functional alignment on critical strategic success factors for the products in a variety of markets.
To achieve your objectives, you will need to:
Conduct market, therapeutic area, unmet needs and pipeline assessments in collaboration with the segment business directors to propose, manage and refresh market segmentation (e.g., Market Atlas) and analyze key trends and critical market growth segments.
Oversee development of market models and revenue forecasts for assigned project portfolio
Guide competitive benchmarking on assigned project portfolio
Drive stakeholder mapping, buying process and leverage points analysis
Analyze and synthetize insights, develop SWOT, Key Issues & Opportunities, strategic imperatives, critical
Ideally, you will have a deep experience in marketing (operational and/or strategic), will come from a highly technical and controlled industry, possibly in the health related sector (pharmaceutical or medical device will be plus).
• Master degree with a business component or completed with a business education
• MBA preferred with a concentration in marketing or strategy.
• Experience in business-to-business (B2B) environments in highly technical and regulatory controlled industry or management consulting for such industry; a minimum of 3 years in marketing management at global or regional level. Life science or medical device industry is preferred.
• English required, French preferred
• Excellent presentation, analytical and communication skills, both written and oral, are required, to synthesize key issues, and communicate/persuade constituencies towards specific actions and initiatives.
• Well organized, highly motivated, process driven and results oriented with the ability to rebalance priorities and assume responsibility in a multi-tasking environment; must be able to work under pressure
• Enthusiastic, confident, must be able to act independently within the scope of his/ her assignment, and identify when management guidance is needed
• Strategic thinker, with strong analytical skills and ability to identify and synthetize actionable insights, and understanding of strategic marketing concepts
• Demonstrated success supporting cross-functional teams; strong teamwork orientation.
• Industry Knowledge – understands the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare environment, of potential product applications, comfortable with highly technical and scientific data
• Knowledge Management – ability to document resolution to issues and or customer concerns in a manner that ensures reusability of that resolution
• Basic knowledge of financial principles (P&L, balance sheet, forecasting) and the ability to analyze and apply insights about internal economic factors to assigned product and portfolio
• Budget Management - ability to propose and monitor an operating budget to monitor and control expenditures
Primary Work Location
FRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex
USA NJ - Franklin Lakes
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.