BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Senior Clinical Project Leader (Remote) in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Job Description Summary
The Senior Clinical Project Leader (CPL) has the responsibility to define and implement the safety and efficacy (S&E) requirements for current and proposed products. The position is also responsible for designing and interpreting results of feasibility, clinical and human factors studies. Additionally, the Senior CPL provides medical, scientific, and technical leadership and perspective to project teams and other functions such as Regulatory and Quality. This position is responsible for identifying, developing and /or evaluating new technologies and customer solutions in scientific disciplines within and outside of the traditional clinical laboratory. The Senior CPL initiates and coordinates liaisons with internal/external medical, academic, regulatory and industry individuals or groups in support of business needs. The position also generates and communicates clinical and technical information to support innovation strategies, technology, and product development, and product lifecycle management for marketed products. In support of all currently marketed Specimen Management (SM) products, the Senior CPL provides technical support, associate education, troubleshooting, and competitive assessments. This position can work onsite or remotely.
Represents Medical Affairs in Coordinated Diagnostic Solutions (IDS) SM innovation, technology development, product development and product lifecycle management teams. Senses and defines key trends and unmet needs in science, technology, medical practice, and health economics. Reviews information and assesses risks related to vendor, material and manufacturing process changes. Provides customer and product knowledge to team. Develops safety and efficacy requirements and a clinical test plan to address S&E, Regulatory and Marketing requirements for new and improved products and gains functional approval of such. Works with the team to identify and evaluate new opportunities and present such to business leaders following the formal Innovation process. Ensures safety, efficacy and clinical utility of the product, technology, and related labelling/promotional material.
• Reviews and interprets medical/scientific data and study results, and technical literature. Monitors trends in specimen management and other related technologies. Communicates findings and interpretations to teams and management.
• Interacts with global medical, academic and industry experts to establish strategic direction for innovation, technology, and product development projects.
• Provides clinical support to products entering or currently on the market including training BD associates, troubleshooting, data review, interpretation and presentation, post market study design, publications, preparation, or review of regulatory communications, and addressing quality issues.
• Designs studies, formulates, and conducts scientific investigations, feasibility studies, and due diligence studies related to new technologies and products. Interprets and presents results. Prepares technical reports, abstracts, journal submissions and presents at scientific meetings or within BD.
• Reviews information and assesses risks related to vendor, material, and manufacturing process changes. Designs clinical studies as needed and interprets and presents results.
• Provides medical expertise and leadership for Human Factor Engineering (HFE) studies, Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) studies, post market surveillance and post market studies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of scientific methodologies and clinical laboratory medicine
• Knowledge of the pre-analytical phase of the total laboratory testing process
• Knowledge of specimen collection and management
• Knowledge of clinical trials and ability to craft, review and summarize data from such
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Proven leadership skills.
• Proven capability for critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work with global teams and to provide clinical leadership within the SM business
• Ability to integrate medical, scientific, and technical information and effectively communicate these data to the scientific community, customers, as well as throughout the organization.
• Ability to network/develop relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) from the scientific community
• Strong proficiency in the areas of clinical study design, statistics, technical writing.
• Proven ability to understand, interpret and explain sophisticated clinical and scientific information.
• Strong communication skills (verbal, presentation, written)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BS in a health-related field, MS or PhD desirable
• 3+ years of clinical laboratory or related healthcare field experience or clinical research; experience in a medical device/IVD company is a plus.
• MT(ASCP) or equivalent is desirable
Come Join Us Today!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally hardworking and committed to encouraging an expansive, growth-centered, and exciting culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is crafted to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
BD values equity in the workplace without discrimination for any disability, class, ethnicity, age, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation
To learn more about BD visit https://bd.com/careers (https://jobs.bd.com/)
Becton Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.