BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Staff Customer Quality Specialist in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Job Description SummaryReporting to the Customer Quality Analytics team (CAT), the Staff Customer Quality (CQ) Specialist is an integral member of the Customer Quality organization. The Staff CQ Specialist is a senior member of the CQ team and is responsible for responding to Pharmaceutical Systems customer’s quality and technical inquiries and documentation requests, leading the development of technical Quality packages on behalf of the customer (e.g. to support customer regulatory filings, etc.), developing, implementing and maintaining effective Customer Quality tools that deliver value to the customer and to BD (e.g. Customer Portal, RTU Document Generator, etc.), performing metrics reporting on behalf of Customer Quality, and developing/delivering training for the field team on Customer Quality tools.
Through outstanding communication, effective problem solving and active management of ambiguous situations, the role ensures product quality and compliance with all relevant global regulations and customer expectations. Success is measured in terms of the frequency and scale of product quality and organizational issues as well as business process effectiveness. The Staff CQ Specialist will also build and maintain effective relationships with internal departments and customers to promote customer centricity.
1. Leads the resolution of worldwide Quality and Technical customer questions, inquiries and documentation requests, including:
Ensuring the proper understanding and objective behind customer’s requests.
Leading the development of complex technical and Quality packages for Pharmaceutical customers (e.g. sterilization packages, regulatory packages, etc.) in coordination with peers and internal departments.
Identifying internal sources of information; partnering with internal departments to retrieve and validate information, including Quality, Operations, Sales, Supplier Quality, Regulatory Affairs, R&D, Finance, Medical Affairs, Supply Chain, etc.
Authoring Customer Statements on behalf of BD Quality utilizing effective technical writing skills.
Utilizing IT tools, including the Customer Portal, Quality Globeshare site, SAP, TrackWise, etc.
Ensuring responses to inquiries are timely, per customer expectations, Quality Agreements and established metrics.
2. May submit, open and track RMAs (Return Material Authorizations) associated with Customer Complaints.
3. Builds, launches, manages and validates new and improvements to existing Customer Quality IT tools to improve overall efficiency (e.g. Customer Portal, GlobeShare sites, Customer Audit Tools, etc.).
4. Ensures the launch, maintenance and continuous improvement of the externally facing Customer Portal, including all quality interfaces within the tool.
5. Develops strategies to reduce and/or more effectively manage Customer inquiries by proactive sharing of quality information using IT tools.
6. Keeps record of customer interactions, recording details of inquiries, comments and actions taken within applicable IT systems (e.g. Salesforce.com).
7. Conducts customer metrics reporting and trending using IT tools (Excel, etc.) and disseminates information in support of the Customer Quality field team.
8. Liaises closely with field Customer Quality Managers (CQMs) and Quality leadership in various Regions and Business Segments to achieve Quality objectives within agreed upon timelines.
Position Specific Overview:
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organizational values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times. Adheres to and exhibits BD’s core values.
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with peers, customers, visitors, staff and the broader PS and BDX community.
Has solid verbal communication skills, and is capable of interfacing with both internal teams (Quality, Operations, R&D, Technical Services, Sales, etc.) and external customers.
Enjoys working in a fast paced professional environment.
Has excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of other team members.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Typically requires a minimum BS degree in science, engineering or other relevant discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum 5-8 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device or other regulated field (GMP mainly, GLP, GCP), in the areas of quality assurance, quality control, quality systems, regulatory compliance, and/or quality improvement is preferred.
Technical writing skills are required (minimum English required). Experience utilizing enterprise IT systems (SAP, TrackWise, Globeshare, etc.) required; experience launching new IT systems strongly preferred.
Ability to work effectively across diverse areas of BD.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsFRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status