BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Supply Chain Development Program (SCDP) Associate in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Job Description Summary
Entry level position to expose Supply Chain Development Program Associate to supply chain functional area after completion of the Supply Chain Development Program core rotations (Customer Service, North American / Global Transportation, Distribution and North America Optimization and CI). Adjustments to this rotation program are subject to change based on business need. Every associate entering the program will obtain their Lean Six Sigma Certification in their first year.
1. Customer Service
- The rotation in the Customer Service area in either or both Franklin Lakes or San Antonio. Learn BD products and Order Management process and Claims process.
2. North American Transportation / Global Transportation
The Supply Chain Development Associate will rotate into the NA Transportation and/or Global Transportation area for approximately 6 months. The rotation through the NA Transportation area will consist of three broad areas of effort:
1) Learning Transportation operations - Performing the daily shipment creation function in conjunction with Transportation Planners, learn process & data flows between SAP/WMS, learn carrier routings and services as well as operational requirements and constraints;
2) Analytical view of NA or Global Transportation - Learning all metrics / reporting, how they’re constructed, why they’re important and how they are used to make decisions; and
3) Develop and execute a continuous improvement project with implemented recommendations.
The 6 month rotation in the Distribution area will consist of three broad areas of effort:
1) Learning DC operations by spending an extended period at one or more distribution centers to understand data, physical and process flows, operational requirements and constraints;
2) Analytical view of distribution to execute distribution reports and understand analytics behind KPI’s, forecasts and productivity metrics, how they are constructed, why they are important and how they are used to make decisions; and
3) Develop and execute a project with implemented recommendations (both Corporate and Warehouse based).
4. North America Optimization and Continuous Improvement
- The 6 month rotation in the North America Optimization and Continuous Improvement will consist of the application of the previous 18 months of learning, to drive cost savings and effiency gains across the organization. This rotation will build capability in running Mapping Sessions, Kaizen events, problem solving and building management systems.
In addition to the above rotations, the SCDP associate may be assigned a long term project that is carried throughout the two year rotation program
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Collect, check for accuracy, and analyze quantitative and qualitative data from internal and external sources; analyze performance trends; perform diagnostics to identify potential causes of performance deterioration or improvement; identify potential corrective actions and improvement opportunities
Arrange and facilitate monthly and quarterly meetings with BD Supply Chain leadership to review analyses and diagnostic results; present and gain agreement on corrective actions and /or continuous improvement activities; provide day to day oversight necessary to insure implementation of corrective actions and improvement activities
Participate in periodic customer facing supply chain performance review conference calls and meetings convened by the Supply Chain Managers
Review supply chain related service complaints trending data and assist in the investigation and root cause analysis for complaints remaining unresolved after functional investigation.
Special project work as assigned; participation on continuous improvement teams as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Management or Engineering
In order to qualify for this position, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction as to duration.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status