BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Director Professional Services, MMS Europe in Heidelberg, Germany
Job Description Summary
As part of our Global Customer Services (GCS) department, the Director Professional Services Europe manages all aspects of Service operations for BD MMS (Medication Management Solutions) Dispensing (Pyxis, OEM and ROWA) and Infusion (Alaris plus, Alaris system, Global Ambulatory) solutions in the region. The scope includes both the direct operations by BD employees and subcontractors, as well as the operations through our distributors in Eastern Europe.
• Provide leadership to GCS MMS associates to develop, improve and deliver on time and within budget Services to customers in the region:
o Pre-sales support
o Project Management & Implementation and integration to hospital network
o Field maintenance
o Depot maintenance
• Lead strategic development of operational requirements, process and technology, to deliver key service outcomes for customers.
• Develop and execute strategy aligned with the business, with focus on Services and Customer Experience:
o Recommend new service offerings (e.g. Contracting/pricing, value propositions, consulting etc.),
o Propose changes to increase effectiveness of our Service execution,
o Identify leverages across the organisation.
• Collaborate with the GCS International Leadership to drive continuous improvements in technology, processes and services provided to customers.
• Manage the Sales and Expenses of the regional GCS P&L. Establish and meet annual service revenues and profitability targets.
• Ensure appropriate staffing levels and territory coverage to support efficient service activities at customer sites and meet service level agreements.
• Ensure processes & records are documented in compliance with BD quality systems and appropriate external regulatory agencies.
Primary role responsibilities
This provides a general focus for the requirements of the role but is not exhaustive.
• Lead, motivate and develop the team.
• Monitor the activity of the team and coordinate all GCS activities in the region:
Opportunity to implementation: Engage with Commercial operations to ensure technical feasibility from the moment an opportunity is identified to order confirmation.
Implementation: Coordinate all activities supporting MMS implementations: Project Management leveraging existing methodologies, Integration, Installation, Technical and Application training.
Services & Support: Following implementation, build a plan for transition to support with Customers or Distributors in the region. Ensure timely execution per agreed Service Level Agreements of all Support activities such as Scheduled Preventive Maintenance, Repair, Hardware & Software Upgrades and Field Service Corrective Actions.
Distributor Success Management (DSM): Roll out the DSM program to improve Customer Experience via a more disciplined distributor management approach through close collaboration with the Regional Commercial operations and all relevant functions. Deploy tools and process to support Distributor Evaluation, Oboarding / Offboarding, Performance, Compliance and Communication.
• Understands well the MMS business strategy and incorporates it into the service.
• Actively collaborate with the GCS International leadership team on Service readiness, Process & methodology, Customers support and outsourced Depot repair operations.
• Establish strong relationship with regional country business leaders, all relevant functions and the rest of the GCS organisation to influence strategic decisions.
• Engage with the Commercial organisation to align on Sales forecast and allow timely revenue recognition.
• Proactively contributes proposes different service models to support MMS vision to become a solution provider. Support the launch and adoption of new technologies and portfolio innovations including software.
• Provide visibility on GCS activities. Monitor and communicate key GCS performance metrics.
• Serves as a role model and mentor to the team by demonstrating BD Values.
• Adhere to organization and department policies, quality procedures and protocols.
• Actively engage with Quality Management System requirements.
• Ensure all relevant processes are performed per internal SOP’s and Service documentation.
Direct Reports / Organization
• GCS Country Managers
• Dispensing Implementation Manager Europe
• Master degree in Engineering or similar relevant qualification.
• Demonstrable experience in leading a Service organisation, ideally in Healthcare industry or another relevant industry.
• Established track record of exceeding targets, KPI’s SLA’s, in a quality led and regulated environment.
Desired Competencies & skill
• Engaged leader with ability to bring teams together around the same purpose.
• Collaborative style, establishing strong relationships & building support network with the Regions, Businesses and Functions.
• Strategic thinking with ability to envisage new Service solutions and bringing a fresh look at the existing organisation.
• Strong customer focus willing to understand the Service operations at country level and looking at operations from a strategic perspective.
• Ability to engage with people at all levels and influence decisions in a matrix environment.
• Experience in working in multi-cultural environment and matrix organisation.
• Pro-active, gets things done.
• Ability to deal with customer escalations and challenging negotiations.
• Flexible attitude and ability to handle changing priorities.
• Outstanding presentation skills.
• Good skills in MS Office applications.
• Fluent in English, both oral and written. Another European language would be a plus.
50% International travel will be required.
Remote - location could be anywhere in European community.
Primary Work Location
FRA Rungis Cedex - Bâtiment Londres
DEU Heidelberg - Tullastrasse
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.