BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Needle Line Operator in Holdrege, Nebraska
Job Description Summary
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. bd.com
Operate, maintain, and monitor the performance of automatic production equipment. This equipment will include any equipment to which an operator is certified and assigned.
1. Certified to operate all automated Needle line assemble and packaging equipment in the area of responsibility
2. Responsible to produce Quality products per the established requirements, utilizing good manufacturing practices (GMP)
3. Perform machine set up, changeovers, troubleshooting, andmaintenancewith minimal supervision.
4. Clear all machine jams, following lock out - tag out /key interrupt policies and procedures.
5. Follow required inspection procedures.
6. Obtain and verify necessary materials and for manufacturing.
7. Examine inoperative or malfunctioning production equipment to diagnose the trouble (mechanical or electrical), complete minor repairs, and or coordinate non-routine repairs.
8. Perform minor troubleshooting equipment adjustments as required to meet/maintain safety, output and quality expectations. Assist with major repairs as requested.
9. Make suggestions for improving product quality and equipment. Collaborate with set up, team leader, engineering and otherpersonnelon quality and performance improvements as required.
10. Maintain performance measurement documentation, including machine efficiency, volume, scrap and quality.
11. Responsible to complete requirements of PM's and cleaning as scheduled.
12. Maintain preventive maintenance program.
13. Production reporting
Perform other duties as assigned by Team Leader and required to the needs of the Business.
Conditions of Employment in this Department
1. Must obey all safety programs, policies and regulations
2. Must follow all GMP, quality policies
3. Must cooperate fully with the safety and environmental programs
4. Must be able to work in a team environment and fully cooperate with coworkers and management
5. May not pose direct threat or significant risk to themselves or others
6. Must meet attendance policy
High school diploma/GED
Read, write, and speak English
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Holdrege
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.