BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Sterilization Material Handler A Shift in Holdrege, Nebraska
Job Description Summary
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. bd.com
This position is responsible for the general warehouse and sterilization functions. This includes forklift and slip sheeter operations necessary for the flow of both sterile and non-sterile products. Independent operation of robotic equipment will be required subsequent to the completion of job specific training checklist. Responsible for all quality and clerical activities associated with sterile product repackaging.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
1. Works with management to identify and eliminate safety hazards.
2. Forklift operation.
3. Operation of robotic material handling equipment
4. Re-packaging sterile product according to specifications.
5. Labor provision for manually loaded and unloaded products .
6. Prepare product for manual and/or automated processing.
7. Assist with radiation emergencies when and if they should occur
8. Load/unload product to/from trailers
9. Communicate and maintain a favorable relationship with the fellow workers in own and other departments
10. Work with limited supervision and perform duties in a prompt and professional manner, assuring accuracy of all materials moved.
11. Follow precise written procedures.
12. Provide training for new associates.
1. Performs other duties as assigned by Team Leader and required to support the needs of the business.
2. Attend training and meetings as required.
3. General housekeeping and clean up of work area / safety awareness.
4. TRS participation and other maintenance activities as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT IN THIS FACILITY
1. The "Essential Functions" and "Additional Responsibilities" listed in this description do not restrict the addition or deletion of any other responsibilities to the position.
2. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will process the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty successfully.
3. Management reserves the right the change any and all job descriptions without notice and business conditions dictate.
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Holdrege
Work ShiftUS BD 12 Hour Day Shift 5am-530 pm (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.