BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Electrical Engineer II in Hunt Valley, Maryland
Job Description Summary
The Engineer II supports the key business objectives of the assigned plant (Growth, Profitability, and Innovation). Through production support and assigned plant specific projects, the associate drives activities to deliver upon these objectives. Through the execution of deliverables, the Engineer II is familiar with and capable of performing in many key areas defining the duties and responsibilities of this role.
The following duties and responsibilities represent the areas of work focus and related typical proficiency:
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Troubleshooting Manufacturing Issues and general floor support across production lines - Ability to assist with some products and processes implemented in the assigned plant
· Manufacturing Fabrication Methods such as Castings, Injection Molding, Sheet Metal, Machined components. - Understands some fabrication methods and their applications
· Application of Transfer functions during troubleshooting and production support (i.e. Statistical Tolerance Analysis, Design for Six Sigma) - Ability to utilize a set of existing tools to aid in the analysis of parts and subsystems
· Understanding of Manufacturing Statistical methods, such as process capability and Design of Experiments - Understands and can apply limited statistical tools used to assist in development and troubleshooting of products and processes.
· Project Management leadership in areas focusing on design changes, process improvements, outsourcing,material cost reduction, and other plant efficiency efforts. - Ability to identify project requirements and develop schedules with significant assistance from more senior level engineering
· Core Team Member Representation in assigned plant - Basic understanding the NPI process and can execute plans with the guidance of a more senior level engineer
· Implementation of BD Processes, which include Deviations, Engineering Change Orders - Ability to identify project requirements and develop schedules with significant assistance from more senior level engineering
· CAPA Execution - Understands the process and can complete CAPA activities with significant guidance from an SME
· Engineering Standards such as ASME Y15.4 - Understands and can apply some elements of various standards to engineering drawings. Typically requires oversight from a more senior level engineer
· ISO compliance, FDA 21 CFR 820 compliance, and cGMP efforts - Understands and has knowledge of FDA and ISO regulations and cGMP. Requires oversight from SME to ensure compliance in all applicable areas
· Computer Aided Design work - Functional with major CAD modules. Ability to effectively create models, assemblies, and drawings with some guidance from SME.
· Technical Writing skills as applied to manufacturing documentation and process development - Experienced in the creation and revision of technical documentation. Receives little guidance from SME
· Agency Compliance (General knowledge) - Familiar with general UL, CSA, and CE requirements.
· Obsolescence Management and Circuit Design - Can perform design analysis and replacement activities for basic electronic components.
· Software Skills - Basic Labview, or other high level language skills.
· Software Skills - Knowledgeable in PLC diagnostics and programming
· Carries out all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate or incumbent must have engineering and management knowledge and skills as follows:
· Able to organize and prioritize assignments as a participant to assigned functional teams (minimum 2 years working in a team environment).
· Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels.
· Ability to represent functional and operations organization with clarity
· Supports and drives change management within function
· Functional or cross functional liaison with stakeholders concerning operational or project deliverables.
· Ability to manage customer satisfaction initiatives.
· General knowledge and understanding of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 21 CFR 820 and International Organization for Standardization (ISO); minimum 1 year working in a regulated environment.
Required Education and Experience:
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field with 5 years of experience in an engineering role OR
• MS with 3 years of experience in an engineering role
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Primary Work Location
USA MD - Hunt Valley
NA (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.