BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Laboratory & Instrument Technician in Limerick, Ireland
Job Description Summary
The Lab & Instrument Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of BD Biosciences flow cytometers and their associated BD peripherals and accessories.
• Installs, maintains, calibrates, and repairs BD flow cytometers and associated BD peripherals or accessories.
• Generates and maintains associated documentation records for installation, maintenance and calibration of the flow cytometers. Updates work orders and records on Service Max and Blue Mountain RAM.
• Serves as a key resource to examine and troubleshoot instrument issues and provides feedback on newly developed service procedures.
• Liaises with Technical Service teams in Europe/UK and US to train on servicing flow cytometers and equipment, and to stay current on new procedures.
• Supports the training and onboarding for Systems Engineers on flow cytometer technology.
• Works with managers and project leads to maintain and communicate a schedule of installation and maintenance activities.
• Procures and manages an inventory of service parts, tools and consumables.
• Works with EH&S/Facilities and Core Lab Manager to ensure laboratory safety compliance.
Higher Advanced Certificate.
5 years relevant industry experience.
Digital Literacy (PC, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Effective written and oral communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with others in a team environment.
Self-motivated with ability to establish course and plans for self to ensure work is completed .
Primary Work Location
IRL Limerick - Castletroy
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.