BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Account Manager MMS in Mississauga, Canada
Job Description Summary
The BD Account Manager role is a medical sales position which consists of capital equipment with an IT component. It is a specialty role in a complex sales environment which involves hospital executive sponsorship and committee approval. The sales cycle is typically 18-24 months and call points include the Director level and above and the frequency of renewal is approximately 5 to 10 years.
The Account Manager will be responsible for increasing market penetration and profitability in existing accounts as well as increasing overall market awareness through cold calling, prospecting, building relationships, post implementation follow up and account development. The successful candidate will be expected to drive the sales plans and develop growth strategies utilizing BD’s sales process in order to maintain a robust pipeline, achieve sales targets and manage contract calendars as well as managing changing market dynamics.
• Territory management - account planning, opportunity management, resource prioritization, post-sales implementation assessments.
• Customer Relationships – Territory Manager must be able to develop trusting and long term relationships with front line clinicians/influencers as well as senior management within the Health Care Facility. Relationship with key decision makers at the GPO and SSO level will also be expected.
• Product Knowledge - develop competencies in product portfolio by completion of sales training and become subject matter expert on product as well as specific hospital environment.
• Teamwork – be able to work with supporting marketing and clinical teams during entire sales process to ensure an excellent customer experience. Alignment of territory with regional and national goals through planned collaboration will also be required.
• Facilitate the execution of all quotes, RFP’s and contracts in collaboration with the BD Contracts team.
• Timely completion of expense reports and other administrative tasks.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred in healthcare, IT, business.
7-10 years of senior customer relationships at acute and health authority, C-suite levels.
Minimum of 5 years IT &/or Capital equipment sales experience.
Up to 40% travel required.
Experience in matrix customer decision making processes
Strong communication skills – written, verbal & presentation
Excellent business acumen
Primary Work Location
CAN Mississauga - Derry Road West
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.