BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Clinical Sales Consultant in Mississauga, Canada
Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary-Clinical Sales Consultant
Medication Management Solution solutions combine proven technology with actionable intelligence to prevent medication errors, improve clinician productivity, increase the predictability of medication availability, and improve organizational financial performance. At almost every point in the med use process, safety, efficiency, and costs can be favorably impacted with BD’s Pyxis® and Alaris® medication management solutions.
• Provides clinical support for sales, field implementation and marketing teams for Pyxis and Alaris solutions.
• Provides sales consultation and work flow analysis of existing processes within the Medication Management System. Identifies current areas of inefficiencies, patient/provider safety concerns, revenue augmentation, cost reduction, regulatory non-compliance, and drug diversion opportunities encompassing all medications, including IVs. Performs work flow redesign with practice change recommendations and accompanying BD solutions to facilitate achievement of best practices and customer strategic goals.
• Collaborates with Global Customer Service teams, and other stakeholders, to develop customer specific strategic BD solution roadmaps and provides input to program/project plans for the implementation of recommended sales solutions.
• Collaborates and builds synergistic relationships with Sales Account Executive, Product Managers, Product Research and Development teams, Interface Teams, Implementation & Support teams, Customer Advocacy, and Training.
• Stays active and engaged with important healthcare related organizations to stay abreast of healthcare trends and changes in Pharmacy/Nursing practice that impact our business or customers. Acts as a thought leader to readily share healthcare knowledge with internal and external customers.
• Functions as the voice of the Customer.
• Utilizes up to date knowledge of the healthcare industry to provide clinical input for new product development and software enhancements.
• Baccalaureate degree required; Advanced degree preferred
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse or Registered Pharmacist
• 5+ years of experience in an acute care hospital environment
• At least 4 years of hospital departmental management/leadership experience preferred
• Experience with medication automated dispensing cabinets preferred
• Experience with managing Infusion system with safety software/dose error reduction software preferred
• Up to 75% travel required, including nights and some weekend
• Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
What is expected of you for success in your role
• Excels in healthcare sales support oriented role
• Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of hospital based medication management processes, Nursing and Pharmacy practice/workflows, the healthcare industry, and thorough knowledge of BD’s medication management dispensing and infusion solutions.
• Expertly performs complex customer current state assessment, and creates compelling future state business case to meet customer’s strategic objectives/vision.
• Is an experienced communicator and collaborator with stakeholders (internal and external) to drive alignment on recommendations and proposed solutions. Dynamic speaking skills and excellent business writing skills required.
• Demonstrates leadership by being customer focused, displaying strategic thinking, having a global and company mindset, focusing on results, and continuously develops skills.
• Strategically works with sales and customer service organizations to prioritize opportunities.
• Handles multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizes tasks based on organizational need and judgment, and handles working independently in remote office situations productively.
• Has a bias toward action, is self-motivated, and a self-starter.
• Mentors internal staff regarding best demonstrated practices.
Consultant to achieve account penetration, revenue growth and customer satisfaction. This position is involved in the sale of our clinically differentiated infusion and dispensing solutions to include product, safety software, technology integration and data analytics.
Primary Work Location
CAN Mississauga - Derry Road West
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.