BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) National Sales Director in Mississauga, Canada
Job Description Summary
National Director of Sales MMS Canada
The BD Medication Management National Director of Sales, is a medical sales leadership position which consists of capital equipment with an IT component. It is a national leadership role overseeing a complex sales organization and sales environment which involves hospital executive sponsorship and committee approval to drive acceleration. The National Director of Sales will be accountable for driving the national revenue targets and for increasing market penetration in existing and new market spaces. The successful candidate will be expected to provide leadership to the team, to drive the overall planning and execution process and work with marketing and professional service to develop growth strategies utilizing BD’s sales methodology to accelerate the MMS business. A key focus around people recruitment and development, learning programs, organizational design and strategic planning will be critical to ensure business success.
• Commercial intensity and territory management design and governance- drive the account planning, opportunity management, resource prioritization, medication management assessment programs and post-sales implementation assessments.
• Executive customer experience-build and lead a team able to develop trusting and long term relationships with front line clinicians/influencers as well as senior management within the health care facility. Establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers at the GPO and SSO level as well as with C-level hospital players. Help lead negotiations, executive presentations and contribute to strategic account plans.
• Sales effectiveness and product knowledge learning culture-develop competencies in product portfolio and sales execution ensuring subject matter expertise on product and practice. Drive sales operating mechanisms, establish and measure KBOs. Facilitate sales and marketing synergy and effectiveness.
• Teamwork–work effectively with supporting marketing leaders, professional service and service leaders to accelerate our customer experience priorities, improve collaboration across business units and drive simplification.
• Leadership-provide oversight on the business development and sales organization-deliver growth in key and new markets or products, actively contribute to long term business strategic planning within MMS and across BD where appropriate.
• Delivering results-accountable for metrics including revenue, margin, market share and SGA for the function.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred in healthcare, IT, business.
8-10 years of senior customer relationships at acute and health authority, C-suite levels.
Minimum of 8 years IT &/or Capital equipment sales experience.
Up to 50% travel required.
Experience in matrix customer decision making processes.
Strong communication skills – written, verbal & presentation, bilingualism preferred.
Driven, agile thinker, excellent business acumen, strong customer engagement, proven leadership and visionary skills with a strong change management experience.
Primary Work Location
CAN Mississauga - Derry Road West
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.