BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Senior Manager, Medical Affairs – BD Interventional (18-month contract) in Mississauga, Canada
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
About the role:
During this 18-month contract, you will be accountable for the leadership and management of BD Interventional (BDI) Medical Affairs in the Region and members of BDI – Canada Management Team and the BDI Global Clinical Council. Works collaboratively and provides medical leadership in Canada, is accountable for medical affairs deliverables, talks to scientific organizations, Clinical End Users and Key Opinion Leaders. Accountable for executing evidence generation as advised by Interventional Clinical Affairs lead. Additionally they will play a key role in matters of, scientific exchange, off label discussions, promotional materials approvals of regional marketing and educational material and publications. Helping to build organizational capability in order to maximize the value of our product offerings will be a major responsibility of this role. Supports identification and evaluation of new opportunities. This role is expected to have strong interface and collaboration with the clinical, regulatory, quality, legal, applications, sales and marketing teams.
Key responsibilities will include:
Compliance & Medical Leadership
- Responsible for compliance with BDX Medical Affairs Policies and Procedures within the region and to provide medical leadership to the regional BDI organization – working collaboratively with cross-functional associates. Review promotional and educational material for scientific accuracy.
- Develop and execution of the BDI Canada Medical Affairs Strategy to support business goals including the support of the identification and evaluation of new regional opportunities. Provide Medical Affairs insights into the Annual Strategic Review with BDI Canada
- In collaboration with the sales, marketing and clinical associates this role is responsible to manage and coordinate customer visits to resolve key issues and additionally to act as an internal advisor for all medical relationships with the customer.
KOL Relationship Management
- Build and manage relationships with key opinion leaders and coordinate activities aligned with the regional business strategy e.g. Advisory Board Meetings. Build a working collaborate with relevant organizations and professional societies in the region.
Clinical Research and Study Support
- Identify and enlist expert consultants, and opinion leaders. Chip in to the development and implementation of clinical research in areas of interest globally; participate in the development of strategic plans for future clinical studies
Team Leadership, Development & Communication
- Lead and manage the development of the BDI Medical Affairs associates within the region. Integrate medical and scientific information into business planning and effectively educate colleagues of varying technical backgrounds on clinical significance.
Influencing skills in a matrix organization, through a collaborative style with the establishment of credibility and strong working relationships with cross-functional teams.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
High personal integrity and ethical standards.
Demonstrate strong eye for business and critical thinking skills.
Process-oriented and demonstrates a sense of urgency in completing deliverables through effective goal setting and a strong result orientation.
Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills of medical and scientific data to small and large audiences.
Knowledgeable in the areas of regulatory, commercial, and clinical issues affecting the medical device industry.
Demonstrate ability to identify unmet clinical needs, evaluate product opportunities, and help develop strategies that leads to efficient development of such opportunities.
Bilingual proficiency in English and French is an asset.
Able to travel 25%-30% of the time, including some international travel with an unrestricted passport.
Education and experience required:
MD or PhD in scientific field required, with MBA preferred.
Strong Interventional (OR, IR, Diagnostic Imaging) background.
5+ years related experience in the medical device industry
Proven experience working with Medical Affairs, crafting medical strategies, developing medical teams, and implementing medical processes.
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture based on your feedback in the Trust Index® survey, and we've just published the news about us on their social media channels. You can check these out here. And if you think your friends and networks would be interested in knowing more about your workplace, sharing these posts is a great way to give them some insight!
Becton Dickinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from individuals with a wide range of abilities and provide an accessible candidate experience. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Canadian Human Rights Act, Becton Dickinson will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform us of any accommodation(s) you require by contacting HR at 1-855-234-3577.
Primary Work Location
CAN Mississauga - Derry Road West
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.