BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Continuous Improvement Quality Engineer in Moncks Corner, South Carolina
Job ID: 2018-11811
Career Level: experienced
Location: Moncks Corner,South Carolina,United States
Deploys continuous improvement strategies and operations excellence initiatives for the facility. Focus on driving improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery, & Cost using multiple methodologies such as; Kaizen & Lean methodologies, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, and Process Optimization. Foster a continuous improvement culture & learning environment to ensure training and development of the facility resources in the principles, techniques, and methodologies of Continuous Improvement.
This position is a temporary assignment which will include benefits such as (medical, health, dental, 401k). Eligibility for these benefits will be based on the eligibility requirements as determined by the BD Total Rewards policy.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
· Develop and deploy the facility training & development plan on the principles, techniques, & methodologies of Continuous Improvement across all functions and levels
· Implement systematic problem solving / root cause analysis process across all functions (PDCA, DMAIC, Is/Is Not, 5-Why’s, A3’s, etc)
· Lead the implementation of the continuous improvement strategy throughout the facility including:
· Employee Engagement
· Visual Workplace
· Eliminating Waste
· Improve Flow
· Reduce Defects
· Lead / facilitate facility Kaizen events and drive action plans to completion
· Oversee the development and implementation of standard work across all functions
· Lead the development of lean production lines and line balancing, including for new product introductions
· Ensure standardization of metrics and effective monitoring across departments
· Drive and Deliver expected continuous improvement results for Safety, Quality, Delivery, & Cost
Essential job Functions:
Lean Certification; Lean Master or Certified Black Belt or Green Belt.
Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
Excellent project management skills.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status