BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Moncks Corner, South Carolina
Manage and lead process improvement and new product process introduction projects. Coordinate with cross functional teams the design and implementation of new equipment, methods, and processes to enhance the organization’s manufacturing capabilities, operational efficiency and effectiveness.
· Provide and supervise design engineering services to include but not be limited to: idea conceptualization, investigation of design, machine & tooling design, CAD modeling and detailed component / assembly drawings on approved engineering projects as assigned.
· Provide engineering project management and coordination on various automation / engineering projects as assigned.
· Evaluation of new types of equipment and methods of manufacturing resulting in recommendations for approval of capital money for such equipment based on economic payback and ROI.
· Manage system integrator relationships throughout all phases of assigned projects.
· Develop detailed system requirements definition for automation equipment including detailed listings of all process requirements and acceptance testing.
· Lead project teams and manage issues and risks within cross functional teams including Quality, Manufacturing, Supply chain, and corporate representatives.
· Develop an understanding of the current manufacturing processes and identify targets for improvement in transactional and operational efficiencies.
· Develop and nurture a continuous improvement culture, skill sets, and tools to enhance quality and operational excellence.
· Develop action plans to achieve short and long-range goals, selection of new production methods, machine designs, and methods to monitor efficiencies.
· Develop protocols and coordinate validation of equipment and processes.
· Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work instructions / operating and maintenance procedures supporting manufacturing processes.
· Maintain knowledge of latest manufacturing methods used in the medical device industry to advance technologies.
· Participate in defining preventative maintenance programs for production equipment associated with production activities.
· Ensure information and documentation is consistently accurate and in compliance with regulatory standards.
· Analyze and plan workforce utilization, space requirements, workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
· Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
· Perform duties in compliance with SOPs and to company quality requirements.
· May supervise other engineering personnel.
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Bachelors Degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related Science.
· 7+ years of manufacturing process improvement experience.
· Ability to work independently and effectively with cross-functional teams.
· Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes and ability to implement ideas.
· Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
· Detailed knowledge of project management planning and execution methods.
· Detailed knowledge of Medical Device process of validation including IQ, OQ and PQ preferred.
· Understanding of engineering change management methods and practices.
· Excellent organizational, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills required.
· Experience with PLC Controls, robotics, vision systems, data acquisition, system networking and automation Integration preferable.
· Programming experience preferred.
· Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
· Experience with MS Office Suite required.
· Statistical analysis software required. Minitab preferred.
· CAD experience required. Solidworks preferred.
· Experience with 3D printing preferred.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands or arms (to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls). The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
· The employee must occasionally lift 35 pounds.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
· The employee occasionally works in high places; in outside weather conditions and with toxic or caustic chemicals.
· The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
· The Personal Protective Equipment required to perform this job safely includes safety glasses and appropriate shoes. The employee would occasionally use ear plugs.
Career Level: experienced
Division Name: UCC-11378016
External Company Name: C.R. Bard, Inc.
External Company URL: www.crbard.com
C. R. Bard, Inc. (NYSE: BCR) is a leading multinational developer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative, life-enhancing medical technologies in the fields of vascular, urology, oncology and surgical specialty products, employing over 13,000 people around the world. Founded in 1907, we pioneered many devices that are now the cornerstones of modern healthcare.
We expect the highest levels of quality, integrity, service, and innovation from our employees – on the job and in the communities in which we work and live. In return, we foster an environment where individuals are treated with fairness and respect, and feel valued, acknowledged and rewarded. Bard is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
Be Your Best at Bard – and ultimately, you can have an impact on the lives of people around the world.