BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Lead Project Manager, Dispensing Implementation (North/Central Territory) in Ohio
Job Description SummaryThe overall responsibilities of the implementation lead project manager include:
• Lead, facilitate, coordinate, and track day-to- day activities required to ensure the project is completed on time, successfully, and in a manner consistent with organizational goals, departmental policies, established processes, and/or the standard terms and conditions of the contract
• Creation and use of project plans for assigned projects, which include clear milestones and assignment of project task responsibilities
• Successfully manage the scope of the project, including customer priorities
• Demonstrate a proactive approach to identify risks to project success; develop effective action plans for resolution
• Appropriately manage / escalate project issues or risks
• Managing customer expectations of product and services
• Providing leadership and direction for customers and BD project team
• Demonstrate effective communication skills, verbal and written, with customers, project teams and leadership
• Ensuring customer satisfaction
• Demonstrated ability of leading project teams and act as an effective team leader for all matrixed staff
• Accurately forecasting current and future quarter revenue for each assigned projects
• Use of all governance tools (scope document, project status reports, risk and change logs, tollgates, etc.), for all assigned projects, to effectively manage all projects
• Provides constructive performance appraisal input through peer review process
Demonstrates knowledge of industry-recognized project management methodologies
Possesses healthcare project management experience and demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies and relevant clinical and IT operations
Understands customer medication management workflow
Demonstrates an understanding of Implementation project governance expectations (scope management, tollgate, and risk & change management processes)
Has responsibility of orders, medium or large sized projects or teams
Project scope requires significant impact to customer workflow (multi-site)
Manages project scope of multiple Dispensing products
Responsible for maintaining project schedule and timeline
Compliant with forecasting and backlog management processes
Participates in pre-sale process for medium or large size projects
Provides coaching, mentoring, and training for project team and peers
Demonstrates effective communication and engagement with customer
Able to effectively work across multiple departments (e.g. TSC, Sales, Finance)
Ensures complete project closure including, customer acknowledgement, equipment reconciliation, and transition to TSC
Demonstrates the professional and soft skills necessary to be an effective project manager
Required Soft Skills:
Lead Project Managers should exhibit competency in the following set of soft skills:
Effective interpersonal skills
Ability to work in a matrixed environments
Effective, professional customer communications (both verbal and written)
Decision making skills
Building and leading effective project teams
Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
Project management or leadership experience required
Specific knowledge of BD business highly desired.
Prefer experience implementing and supporting healthcare IT software solutions, experience with capital equipment model is a plus
Prefer knowledge of hospital systems and procedures that integrate with BD products.
Driving requirements dictate that the candidate possess and maintain a valid driver license and be at least 21 years old.
Home based position with travel. Travel may range from 25 - 75%, overnight travel. Position requires flexible working hours, including some nights and weekends. Ability to work independently from home office.
Will cover Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia and Western Pennsylvania.
Upon hire, must provide proof of, and maintain current immunizations and obtain additional immunizations appropriate for the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions. Proofs must include: Hepatitis B, Influenza (current year), MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox) Annual TB/PPD (skin test),Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis.#LI-Supp.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status