BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Operations Lead in Plainfield, Indiana
Job Description Summary
The Operations Lead is responsible for coordinating the workflow for a team of employees in the distribution center. The position is responsible for providing employee direction and assisting supervisors in control and execution of all processes within assigned areas. The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for employee work assignments in coordination with Distribution Management in area of responsibility. Controls and monitors daily work flow shifting resources as volume dictates.
• Controls daily operations and monitors workflow within assigned areas.
• Conducts investigation of discrepancies and inconsistencies in distribution processes.
• Assists with identifying departmental process improvements.
• Responsible for reporting daily performance metrics on employees.
• Responsible for accuracy within processes.
• Responsible for employee training within assigned areas to include training and reviewing SOP’s.
• Ensures safety, security and operational processes are followed to provide an outstanding customer experience.
• Ensures all distribution related documentation is maintained in an orderly and accessible manner.
• May be required to step in and assist with warehouse, forklift or clerk duties due to order deadlines and/or staff shortages.
• Maintains an acceptable work area as outlined in SOP and work instructions.
• Responsible for following Good Documentation Practices (GDP) as outlined in SOP.
• Must follow all safety instructions to maintain safe working conditions and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injuries and illnesses.
• May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
• May be required to train new hires on various warehouse functions.
• Must adhere to attendance policies.
• Required to maintain “current” status in C2C training modules.
• Material handling equipment must be operated in a safe manner by designated associates only. All damage and/or maintenance issues must be reported immediately.
• Equipment must be kept neat and orderly in compliance with established procedures.
Safety and Security
• Responsible for performing job activities in a safe and reasonable manner and in accordance with safety requirements.
• Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse and conduct all activities in a manner that promotes a safe environment.
• All injuries, accidents, unsafe acts, hazards or conditions must be reported immediately.
• Report any suspicious persons or activity.
• Understand organizational quality goals.
Sanitation and Housekeeping
• Maintain a clean and professional image.
• Ensure the cleanliness of the facility by following guidelines as outlined.
• Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area at all times.
• He/she may be provided with Hazmat training to include general awareness, function specific, security awareness, security plan and safety training.
• Become knowledgeable with the responsibilities of the other warehouse positions. Assist as required. Act as back up at times of absence or vacation.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Forklift Certification required.
• Three or more years of manufacturing, distribution or related work experience.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to operate MHE and use Voice/RF scanners.
• Must have knowledge of inventory and WMS.
• Knowledge of GMP/SOP/Work Instructions and be able to develop techniques to ensure adherence to quality standards.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision and show leadership abilities all while maintaining a team atmosphere.
• Ability to work well with others and direct their work activities as required.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to perform/operate in a metrics-driven environment.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
• The position will almost always have exposure to work near moving mechanical equipment, exposure to precarious situations and potential temperature excursions.
• Occasionally the position will have exposure to fumes/airborne particles.
• May be required to work a flexible schedule.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions (Per the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990). While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to episodes of walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, balancing, crouching, reaching, pushing/pulling, grasping, hearing, twisting, lifting, frequent use of hand to finger, handle, feel, pick or type which can include repetitive motion of the wrists, hands or fingers. The associate may occasionally be required to climb. The job may require lifting over 50lbs in some areas but not all. Employee must have normal field of vision corrected to 20/40 in each eye and must have hearing sufficient to safely operate material handling equipment in a manufacturing/distribution environment. This position requires a pre-employment physical exam.
Primary Work Location
USA IN - Plainfield
US BD 2nd Shift 230pm-11pm (United States of America)