BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Operations Supervisor in Plainfield, Indiana
Job Description Summary
The Operations Supervisor directs and coordinates activities of the warehouse associates and all operations related to the receipt, storage, and distribution of product.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
• Ensures timely and accurate shipments of orders from the distribution center.
• Effectively utilizes and ensures compliance with BD’s inventory control and warehouse management systems.
• Ensures departmental procedures, SOPs and work instructions are updated and training provided to associates as required. Ensures all associates follow C2C training guidelines.
• Plans work schedules and assigns duties to maintain adequate staffing levels; ensures activities are performed effectively and is able to manage fluctuating workloads.
• Reviews work throughout the work process and at completion to ensure that it has been performed accurately and efficiently.
• Evaluates employee performance; prepares performance appraisals; prepares and maintains work records and reports that include information such as employees’ time and performance.
• Conducts staff meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics such as safety, quality, policy changes, etc.
• Recommends or initiates personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, and disciplinary measures; resolves associate relations issues or refers them to higher-level management for resolution.
• Must be able to work a flexible shift and weekends as business requirements dictate.
• Responsible for following and monitoring/correcting associates in Good Documentation Practices (GDP) as outlined in the SOP’s and work instructions.
• Must ensure safety first environment and be able to work diligently to maintain safe working conditions and adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injuries and illnesses.
• Regular and reliable attendance at work.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Expresses information clearly, information is organized in a logical manner; speaks using proper grammar, tone and pace. Practices meaningful two-way communication.
Performs basic math computations accurately; uses appropriate mathematical formulas and techniques.
Possesses sufficient inductive and deductive reasoning ability to successfully perform job; critically reviews, analyzes, synthesizes, compares and interprets information and applies this when solving problems. Identifies connections between issues and changes direction when working on multiple projects or issues.
Sanitation and Housekeeping
• Maintain a clean and professional image.
• Ensure the cleanliness of the facility by following guidelines as outlined.
• Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area at all times.
• He/she may be provided with Hazmat training to include general awareness, function specific, security awareness, security plan and safety training.
• Become knowledgeable with the responsibilities of the other warehouse positions. Assist as required. Act as back up at times of absence or vacation.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Associate's degree from two-year college or technical school and/or 3+ years of related supervisory experience in a distribution center environment.
• Ability to operate MHE.
• Minimum of three years’ supervisory experience in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have knowledge of inventory and warehouse management systems.
• JDE experience is required.
• Ability to perform/operate in a metrics-driven environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must have strong leadership skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Knowledge of principles and methods for distribution of product.
• Understands and can efficiently use computer hardware/software to convey and retrieve information.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions (Per the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990). While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to episodes of walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, balancing, crouching, reaching, pushing/pulling, grasping, hearing, twisting, lifting, frequent use of hand to finger, handle, feel, pick or type which can include repetitive motion of the wrists, hands or fingers. The associate may occasionally be required to climb. The job may require lifting over 50 lbs in some areas but not all. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. The position will almost always have exposure to work near moving mechanical equipment, exposure to precarious situations and potential temperature excursions. Occasionally the position will have exposure to fumes/airborne particles. This position requires a pre-employment physical.
Primary Work Location
USA IN - Plainfield
US BD 1st Shift 6am-230pm (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.