BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Plainfield, Indiana
Job Description Summary
The Clerk is responsible for the efficient day-to-day inbound/outbound process as directed by the Supervisor. They must ensure all shipping/receiving documents are complete and accurate. They are also responsible for monitoring the activity of the picking process and verifying the quality of work. The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work that may be performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Control inbound/outbound flows.
• Perform container security check to confirm all safety/quality standards are met.
• Generate and monitor trailer moves in the yard management system.
• Confirm paperwork accuracy and completeness.
• Log all discrepancies, i.e. damaged product and inventory variances, notating date, trailer and/or shipment number on UCC error form.
• Ensure correct mode of transport is utilized for shipments.
• Verify the accuracy and integrity of the inventory and picking processes.
• Communicate any inventory discrepancies that cannot be resolved to Inventory Control for further investigation.
• Must follow all safety instructions to maintain safe working conditions and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injuries and illnesses.
• May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
• May be required to train new hires on various warehouse functions.
• Must adhere to attendance policies.
• Responsible for following Good Documentation Practices (GDP) as outlined in SOP’s.
• Required to maintain “current” status in C2C training modules.
Safety and Security
• Responsible for performing job activities in a safe and reasonable manner and in accordance with safety requirements.
• Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse and conduct all activities in a manner that promotes a safe environment.
• All injuries, accidents, unsafe acts, hazards or conditions must be reported immediately.
• Report any suspicious persons or activity.
• Understand organizational quality goals.
Sanitation and Housekeeping
• Maintain a clean and professional image.
• Ensure the cleanliness of the facility by following guidelines as outlined.
• Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area at all times.
• He/she may be provided with Hazmat training to include general awareness, function specific, security awareness, security plan and safety training.
• Become knowledgeable with the responsibilities of the other warehouse positions. Assist as required. Act as back up at times of absence or vacation.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks or projects.
• Ability to work in a fast paced distribution environment.
• Ability to read and interpret distribution documents.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• May be required to operate MHE and use Voice/RF scanner.
• Ability to perform/operate in a metrics-driven environment.
• Basic analytical, organizational and prioritization skills.
• General distribution knowledge.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
• The position will almost always have exposure to work near moving mechanical equipment, exposure to precarious situations and potential temperature excursions.
• Occasionally the position will have exposure to fumes/airborne particles.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions (Per the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990). While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to episodes of walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, balancing, crouching, reaching, pushing/pulling, grasping, hearing, twisting, lifting, frequent use of hand to finger, handle, feel, pick or type which can include repetitive motion of the wrists, hands or fingers. The associate may occasionally be required to climb. The job may require lifting over 50lbs in some areas but not all. Employee must have normal field of vision corrected to 20/40 in each eye and must have hearing sufficient to safely operate material handling equipment in a manufacturing/distribution environment. This position requires a pre-employment physical exam.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work Location
USA IN - Plainfield
US BD 1st Shift 6am-230pm (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.