BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Product Manager Biosciences CEE in Prague, Czech Republic
Job Description Summary
Biosciences CEE team within BD is looking for an experienced person in sales and marketing on international market. Being Product Manager is instrumental in driving marketing excellence to ensure marketing becomes a core competency and source of competitive advantage for BD.
This role is criticial to make fact-based and choiceful strategic business decisions, driving rigorous and disciplined processes and marketing strategies to unlock opportunities in a consistent manner to drive sustainable profitable growth.
The Product Manager role is responsible to develop and drive the product portfolio strategy and contribute to the Central Eastern European region achieve the desired financial performance through comprehensive and timely market development, portfolio management and execution of key marketing programs. This position will be responsible for managing the product portfolio which consists of BD Biosciences’ products and solutions contributing to the overall mission of BD to advance the world of health.
Reporting to the Business Director Biosciences Central Europe, the Product Manager will be working and collaborating with the CEE regional managers and a European marketing platform team consisting of regional product managers, and local product and marketing managers.
As Product Manager you will:
• Support the implementation of the European product portfolio strategies including pricing, positioning and product promotion
• Develop market specific strategies and tactics to ensure that BU is well positioned for success e.g. conversion from conventional to safety engineered devices, providing clear direction on the relevant value and product positioning
• Interface with European (and Global) Marketing Teams to share information and update with market data, product developments and market specific strategic and tactical plans
• Develop and maintain expert market knowledge in terms of quantitative data (e.g. market data, market trends, competitor pricing) and qualitative data (e.g. customer needs, competitor activities, plans, technologies and applications); recommending suitable actions to maximise opportunities and minimise potential threats to the business
• Support the Field Sales team with product information and contribute to product training initiatives as appropriate
• Product life-cycle management, to includes all aspects of the product life-cycle include product recalls and field corrective actions
• Drives commercial excellence including supporting global product development efforts and driving launch excellence, market specific strategies and co-ordinating launch activities with all relevant stakeholders
• Work with other product managers and businesses on the development of relevant solutions to address customer problems
• Development and production of promotional material / marketing collateral and tools which will deliver key messages, positioning and reflect brand essence
• Develop and support market research activities (Voice of Customer)
• Develop and maintain comprehensive product information files / product database to provide the business with a source of reference for all product technical and data enquires; ensuring BD is well positioning to manage the technical requirements of tenders
• Develop and maintain a competitive intelligence database
• Conduct regular customer visits to develop awareness of the key market requirements / customer unmet needs
• Collaborate and work effectively with the marketing team to ensure strategic alignment and the cross-functional teams, such as, clinical, regulatory, supply chain
• Contribute effectively to BDX projects, as appropriate
We would like you to have:
• Extensive experience in Product Marketing Management, Sales and Strategic Marketing
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA, medical or scientific graduate degree preferred
• Role specific requirements
• Willingness to travel
• Future geographical mobility desired
• High degree of dependability: ability to take ownership of tasks and get things done
• Ability to deal with ambiguity & change
• Demonstrated ability to work well with teams
• Ability to influence without authority, using relationships and networks within the BD
matrix to influence strategies within the region and at a global level
We can offer you a great possibility to work in an international company (first-in-class in its business area), competitive compensation with great benefit package (e.g. health insurance, medical care, lunch vouchers, and sport /entertainment bonus), friendly work environment, flexible working hours and healthy oriented culture (healthy food, sport activities, participation in pro-health actions and events, charity initiatives). We are based in a modern office developed to live healthy lives and to have a great opportunity for professional growth as well as challenging and rewarding work within a dynamic, international teams.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community/
Primary Work Location
POL Warsaw - ul. Osmanska
CZE Prague - Becton Dickinson Czechia, s.r.o.
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.