BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Regional Sales Manager MDS KSA in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job Description Summary
Leading in developing the KSA Sales strategies and supporting the Business Manager in shaping the business strategies, objectives and key initiatives (strategic and operational) in the region
WORK Location - JEDDAH
Purpose and Fundamental Goals of the Position
• Leading in developing the KSA Sales strategies and supporting the Business Manager in shaping the business strategies, objectives and key initiatives (strategic and operational) in the region.
• Develop and implement the sales Strategy so to build products and brand awareness and to implement the global MPS product and selling strategy locally and in line with local ME market requirements.
• Establish the success of key MPS brands by building brand awareness in target groups – Nurses, Doctors, Hospital management, Distributors and KOL’s.
• To develop, implement, execute and evaluate the country plan and tenders in line with the Business objectives and budget.
• To develop and manage partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
• To actively monitor market trends and do the necessary gap analysis to indicate which segments are targeted by BD MPS products, afterwards doing the right messaging and positioning to grow these segments?
• To liaise with other businesses inside BD “internally” and with other medical companies “externally” for common KSA programs targeting higher market penetration to BD-MPS portfolio.
• To advice with the best Go-to-market-model and to manage distributor from a MOH perspective to reach the necessary category shares with the operational part executed by those distributors.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• To participate actively in formulating and to ensure the implementation of brand strategies and tactics to generate sales growth in all sector.
• To grow brand awareness through a number of activities with involvement of KOL’s.
• To assure meaningful and actionable market knowledge and insight/analytics in the market
• To understand and analyze buying process in KSA distributors, segmentation and targeting.
• Contribute to define offer development (competitive analysis and profiling, product benefit analysis, product positioning and positioning statement).
• Contribute to the development of Sales plan including all aspects related, later on follow and monitoring of the implementation and success of the plan is essential.
• Adapt approved messaging to commercial actions (sales force, distributors, wholesalers etc.).
• Contribute to demand forecast in close collaboration with local management and other local functions
• Support sales force in terms of education, support to sales, sampling, and collateral.
• Attend sales meeting to get feedback from the team, design necessary campaigns to help sales team execute their plans.
• Coordinate and manage organization of local congresses and local workshops.
• Dedicate time and interaction with KOL’s, external parties to sense the market. Help liaise with KOLs for advisory boards and focus groups in preparation for strategic launches.
• Identify macro and micro trends, analyze the motive for these trends and transfer the message to worldwide platform to act on it centrally if needed. These trends include changes in Public Health structure, governmental expenditure, private market trends and others, moreover to proactively work on it.
• Analyze and develop insights on market and competition.
• Identify need for market research especially for new launches and line extensions.
• Communicate continuously with Regional Sales & Marketing team to share trends, competition behaviors, change in environment, feedback from the field, learning from campaigns.
• Map business opportunities by analyzing segment opportunities.
• Develop scenarios to identify and validate opportunities.
• Contribute to the development of business model (Annual Sales Review, Strategic planning and review).
• Create and develop KOL network to relay BD’s value proposition.
• Engage in External affairs discussion as well as health outcomes analysis.
• Develop strategy with Business leader to influence macro trends.
• Interact with European/Regional Strategic Marketing to validate local strategy.
• Define and analyze buying process, segmentation and targeting.
• Define offer development (competitive analysis and profiling, product benefit analysis, product positioning and positioning statement).
• Create tactics with a critical view on return on investment.
• Accountable for the development and the execution of marketing plan.
• Ensure close collaboration with European/Regional marketing team to coordinate local projects and maximize European campaigns to leverage resources.
• Responsible for the right balance between commercial and promotional actions & budget (PR, sponsoring, donation, and customer facing) events.
• Be the point of reference in terms of safety.
• Remain up-to-date as regards clinical literature and local clinical activities.
• Drive for well-grounded clinically based marketing tactics.
• Identify local impactful events, congresses and targets KOL’s.
• Define and create metrics to measure success and return on investment of local campaigns.
• Contribute to financial budgeting, forecasting in close collaboration with local management and other local functions.
• Be a key member of the local Business team, support sales force, and engage in budget and strategic review as well as sales tactics.
• Develop a KPI tool to monitor success of marketing programs; achievement of these KPI’s should be monitored by country and by product.
• Graduated from a reputable University.
• MBA is an assist.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications.
• Being fluent in English and Arabic, French is a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, product management area.
• Experience within the healthcare environment, Pharma knowledge is a plus.
Professional Skills & Key Competencies
• Experienced and successful negotiator.
• Knowledge and understanding of different procurement procedures in the ME region, governmental, semi-governmental and private.
• Must be able to demonstrate progressive achievements both individually and within team environment with a clear record of success.
• Strong strategic thinker who anticipates trends and competitive activity.
• Excellent communicator (both written and verbal).
• Judges and adjusts priorities to achieve personal and team objectives.
• Demonstrates strong planning and organisation skills and ability to execute plans.
• Shows a strong aptitude for dealing with ambiguity.
• Demonstrates strong business acumen (including ability to analyse information and make recommendations to management).
• Highly result driven as well as being solution-focused and goal-oriented.
• Demonstrates maturity, resilience and the ability to stay calm under pressure.
• Strives for continuous improvement in self, others and in processes and procedures
• Self-motivated and exhibits a positive “can-do” attitude.
• Demonstrates exceptional levels of personal responsibility.
• Displays high levels of self-awareness and maturity. Reliable, supportive, committed and passionate about the healthcare business.
• Exhibits good communication skills and can work effectively at all levels, both internally and externally.
• Demonstrates strong influencing skills.
• Is an excellent team player.
• Possesses interpersonal savvy.
• Have no limitation to travel 30-50% of his time.
Primary Work Location
SAU Riyadh - Centria Office Building
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.