BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Marketing Director in Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary
This position will be responsible for the developed markets in the Peripheral IV Catheter (PIVC) platform. This position reports directly to the Vice President & Global Platform Leader for the PIVC platform within the Vascular Access Devices (VAD) Business Group. This position is located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
• Develops and implements marketing plans for multiple product lines in collaboration with Product Managers
• Assists with the completion of the annual strategic planning (three-year plan) for multiple markets
• Identifies, and develops marketing programs, sales tools, pricing, positioning and promotions for multiple product lines
• Identifies, quantifies and develops new market and product opportunities for multiple product lines
• Hires, manages and develops team members
• Provides marketing leadership to the product management staff in the form of motivation, training and vision
• Provides leadership to project teams directly or indirectly through subordinates
• Works with regional leaders on product strategy
• Formulates and manages the annual budget (promotional and expense) for multiple product lines
• Responsible for development of annual product line forecasts
• Acts as liaison between marketing teams, R&D, Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing, and other functions
• Develops strong working relationship with regional marketing teams
• Provide effective leadership to the organization, individually and through multiple product management teams
• Must have a strong command of the objectives, issues, and environment of the business and must support and lead associates and management to successfully implement key programs
• Hire, train and develop product management professionals at all levels
• BS/BA in Marketing or related field with ten plus (10+) years business experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility in product management and the managing of product managers; MBA is preferred.
• Must have experience within the healthcare/medical device field.
• The incumbent must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the duties and responsibilities
Knowledge & Skills:
• Overall comprehension of the medical device marketplace and the ability to develop strategic plans for multiple market segments
• Preferred knowledge and experience in the vascular access market
• Demonstrated strong leadership and influence skills
• Strong understanding of and ability to apply fundamental marketing concepts and techniques
• Proven skills in hiring, coaching and developing subordinates
• Proven international marketing skills and understanding of the international marketing role
• Ability to handle/accept ambiguity and diversity in problem solving
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong competency with spreadsheet and word processing applications
This position is in an office and laboratory environment and requires the incumbent to sit, stand and perform general office functions. The incumbent may also be required to lift up to twenty-five pounds occasionally. The incumbent may be required to stand for extended periods of time. Bending, stooping and reaching may also be required.
Primary Work Location: USA UT - Salt Lake City BAS
Primary Work Location
USA UT - Salt Lake City BAS
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.