BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Staff Program Management Analyst in Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Description Summary
The Staff Program Management Analyst will provide program management office (PMO) support to the VAD Program Management Director, VP VAD R&D, and other senior VAD leaders.
This individual plays a critical role in providing organization and program/project budgetary management leadership that drives spend management, spend forecasts, and strategic financial plans for MPS R&D. This person will lead R&D budget tracking and reporting, spend forecasting (both expense and capital), reviewing of project business cases, and contribute to the annual strategic review for R&D. This person will also prepare and present to senior management, as appropriate.
• For the VAD R&D organization, lead organizational budgetary management for a 150-associate organization to include spend tracking and forecasting.
• Serve as the R&D business partner to Finance for VAD R&D for budget tracking, spend forecasting and annual strategic review (ASR).
• Develop budgetary performance metrics, regularly monitor progress, and communicate results and recommendations to VAD R&D senior leadership
• Lead preparation of R&D budgetary deliverables for the ASR,
• Support the development of sound business cases for R&D projects; ensure updates to business case statistics are communicated to cross-functional partners and updated in corporate tracking systems.
• Provide budgetary leadership support to R&D program managers to ensure delivery of projects within budgets.
• Consult with VAD R&D leadership in evaluating budgetary impacts of strategic business decisions through financial/budgetary analysis and interpretation.
• Actively participate in the planning and review of R&D strategies and objectives.
• Responsible for the preparation of ad hoc analysis / operational support as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Engineering required.
• 5 years of relevant budgetary management experience and responsibility including R&D.
• Candidate should have strong financial analysis, interpersonal (ability to work with all levels of management and with international associates), and communication skills along with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Product development experience is a plus.
• MBA or working towards the degree preferred
• Candidate must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Proficient with Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Ability to work in a highly visible role that will interact with individuals at all organizational levels, internal and external, and at remote locations.
• Working knowledge of SAP, Business Warehouse, BPC and Hyperion desirable.
• Experience with a multi-national corporation and matrixed organization preferred
• Demonstrate exemplary analytical skills
• The successful candidate will have a track record of assuming increasing responsibility.
Primary Work Location
USA UT - Salt Lake City BAS
NA (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.