BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Assembler I, General in San Diego, California
Job Description SummaryUnder direct supervision, trains to perform duties related to the preparation and manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients, intermediates, and/or medical devices in accordance with standard operating procedures, as regulated by quality, environmental, and safety agencies (FDA, OSHA, etc.).
• Possess a basic understanding of production processes within area of assignment and a working knowledge of manufacturing equipment.
• Follow GMPs and standard operating procedures.
• Follow process and utility flow diagrams.
• Transport materials of varying weight in accordance with established safety guidelines using material handling equipment and additional assistance as required.
• Perform area safety inspections to identify safety hazards and report findings in accordance with company protocols.
• Demonstrates adherence to safety procedures by monitoring personal and peer behaviors, work environment, and housekeeping.
• Participate in internal audits and support additional team activities as requested.
• Participate on site investigative teams and where applicable, NCRs and behavioral safety assessments. Correct and/or mitigate findings from assessments.
• Provides overtime as needed.
• Performs all duties with attention to quality, safety, and environmental matters. Items include: wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, recognizing, reporting, and appropriately responding to hazards in the work area (spills/accidents/near misses), maintaining proper housekeeping at all times, and properly labeling and storing chemicals.
• Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines including FDA, ISO, and OSHA. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
• Assume responsibility for the environmental effects of work performed and for the identification and recording of environmental problems as they arise.
• Follow all applicable aspects of the site Environmental Management System as it pertains to normal job duties.
• Complete all regulatory training as assigned (GPM, ISO14001, OSHA, etc.).
• Complete Operator Training Program according to established guidelines.
• Be available for other projects or assignments as requested by management.
• Continuously looks for ways to simplify or improve products, services, systems, and processes to achieve business goals, e.g., improve yield, cycle time, quality, and productivity.
• Makes a positive contribution through demonstration of ability to seek out assistance from co-workers as needed; to suggest ways to improve upon current operations practices and systems; and to learn new skills, procedures, and processes.
General education degree (GED) required or 12 months of work experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
Work experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, or industry that complies with GMP is highly preferred.
Must be able to read, write, and understand Basic English.
Operating skills of manufacturing equipment, tools, and hand/fork lifts is preferred
Basic PC navigation such as the ability to enter data into programs/software applications as instructed and use software applications for mail, word processing, spreadsheets, and other job-specific needs is preferred.
Ability to communicate and effectively work as part of a team is required.
GED or High School diploma
Typing skills (35WPM)
Fluent English for Audits
Basic computer skills
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.