BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) QC Associate II/ Customs Reagents in San Diego, California
Job Description SummaryThe QC Associate II is responsible for routine, accurate and timely flow cytometry testing of Custom Reagents liquid, Lyophilized or Dried Down QC samples according to standard protocols and operating procedures in Custom Technology team. The QC Associate II will be expected to efficiently prioritize workload and work in an independent manner. QC associate will participate in developing QC specification for new products, the review of data, reporting results, and efficiently complete all required documentation and database entries.
The QC associate II will be expected to participate in one or more of the following types of activities: troubleshooting assays and results and determine corrective actions under supervisor/manager’s direction; training other associates in required techniques; revision or creation of SOPs. QC associate will participate in developing validation procedures for processes and equipment used in department. They will be expected to exercise sound judgment and make decisions within defined procedures and practices. Normally receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Proficient in the trained custom reagents QC protocols, QC techniques, operation of relevant equipment and software packages associated with testing, data analysis, and data reporting. This will require working with human blood, human or mammalian cell culture and/or animals and animal tissues.
• Routine, accurate and timely completion of all assigned QC tests. Will be expected efficiently prioritize individual workload and work in an independent manner. Where appropriate, the QC Associate II may participate in prioritization of group workload according to business needs.
• Analyze data and report test results including completion of all required documentation and database entries as required by QC protocols or operating procedures.
• Expected where appropriate to be involved in training other associates in required techniques, operation of equipment, or other relevant group or department procedures or practices and complete proper documentation.
• Expected under supervision to develop skills and exercise judgment in troubleshooting routine assigned test procedures and in recommending appropriate corrective actions.
• Expected where appropriate to assist in critical evaluation of existing SOPs and in the creation of new SOPs.
• Calibrate and maintain equipment. Report problems to Supervisor or Manager and participate in troubleshoot equipment issues. Maintains logs and required documentation as necessary. Participate in validation activities for processes and equipment.
• Maintain inventories of reference materials or other assay standards. Prepares supplies and reagents, and assists with laboratory maintenance as needed.
• Promote a safe work environment. May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment. Participate in Environmental, Health & Safety programs. Address corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified. Notify supervisor and Safety Officer(s) of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices. Keep abreast of the basic requirements for safety compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements.
• Participate in group or intra-department teams and projects as required.
• Participate in assigned cross-training
• Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
•Intermediate computer skills: MS Windows, word processing, experience with database and information management systems. Flow Cytometry acquisition and analysis packages.
•Knowledge of general laboratory safety.
•Effective interpersonal skills.
•Effective written and oral communication skills.
•Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures.
•Demonstrated ability to keep neat, accurate, and complete records and logs.
•Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
•Previous experience/training preferred not required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BS/BA degree or master degree in a related scientific discipline or some related college coursework and a minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a biotech lab environment.
Requires a minimum of 2-4 years related experience in an industrial or research laboratory or equivalent.
It is preferred to include 1-3 years in an industrial QC environment.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.