BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Staff Mechanical Engineer in San Diego, California
Job Description Summary
• Works within a highly focused cross functional teams to design and develop robust and sustainable products that meet customer expectations that are cost effective to manufacture.
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Mechanical Engineering principles and their application in solving novel or complex assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
• Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering tasks, creates a resource plan for completion of these tasks, and tracks progress as required.
• Applies statistical techniques and utilizes design of experiments.
• Performs CAD modeling of electromechanical assemblies to support the release of new designs and creates improvements to existing designs.
• Manages the release of engineering documentation.
• Leads and mentors less experienced engineers.
• May be required to consult on a technical specialty, type of facility, equipment or program function.
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering plus 10 years related experience, or the equivalent (advanced degree preferred)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Technical leadership experience in a highly focused cross functional team environment on a large development project is preferred.
• Experience with mechanical CAD tools (preferably SolidWorks 2019), DFSS, FEA, material selection, sheet metal design and fabrication, plastic injection molded part design tooling and qualification; tolerance analysis, GD&T.
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts to such tasks as statics, kinetics, strength of materials reliability testing, analysis of variance, correlation studies and sampling theory, statistical analysis.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Primary Work Location
USA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.