BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Marketing Manager, Infectious Diseases in San Jose, California
Job Description SummaryOverview:
Reporting to the Associate Director, Global & Strategic Marketing the Marketing Manager is accountable for the strategic and tactical product management responsibilities for BD Bioscience’s portfolio of Infectious Diseases’ Assay menu. Within this marketing role, this individual will contribute to short- and long-term marketing and financial objectives for the Clinical Solutions platform.
The Marketing Manager role is accountable for the achievement of key marketing functional goals at a product line level. Influences the development and drives the execution of functional or product line plans; contributes to worldwide product planning and strategy; serves on Global Product Development System (GPDS) and/or other New Product Development Core Team(s); manages marketing expense budget driving top line sales performance; influences within work area/ department/ function; provides significant input into product line-related business decisions and resource planning; plays critical role in key projects/ initiatives, often leading project/ initiative teams, including marketing core team member on product development core team. Demonstrates marketing expertise through specific and advanced set of skills and knowledge, e.g. market shaping, HEOR, product development, forecasting.
• Manages assigned product line with responsibility for results in terms of achievement of budgeted levels of sales. Works cross-functionally to deliver operational objectives and assignments.
• Accountable for working with regional marketing counterparts to develop and execute regional strategies to ensure achievement of financial/ budget expectations
• Implements and maintains "best practices" in market shaping, product development marketing, and lifecycle management.
• Contributes to the development and execution of new product plans which meet the Division's worldwide strategic and financial objectives.
• Partners with R&D, Regulatory, Operations, Sales and other functional and regional teams to value new business opportunities and to develop new products relevant to growth.
• Ensures market information is acquired, competitive activity is monitored, and customer needs are identified.
• Collects, analyzes and interprets sales, financial, and other data to develop reports and identifies and interprets trends to support decision making of products within the Clinical Solutions portfolio.
• Coordinates within marketing and cross-functionally in support of the annual strategic planning process.
• Works across functional groups to develop reports and provide analysis and interpretation to address senior management information needs.
Typically requires a B.S. in a Life Sciences discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA is highly preferred.
5-7 years of business experience, preferably in a medical device or diagnostics industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Business experience may include marketing, sales, business development or other related function.
Experience in identifying market opportunities, market segmentation, competitive analysis, forecasting, and pricing analysis and strategy.
Experience in market shaping, HEOR and analyzing economic evaluator models
Experience in KOL engagement and monitoring guidelines from global organizations
Experience in 510(k), CE-IVD and applicable regulatory guidelines for product development and commercial launch
Experience in the field of Infectious Diseases such as HIV, TB or HCV
A general knowledge of the Clinical Diagnostics market as well as the sales, operations, and marketing functions is preferred.
Scientific and technical knowledge with the ability to develop and review technical product profile and market requirement documents based on customer needs is also valued.
Demonstrated strategic thinking and implementation skills; proven analytical skills with ability to translate data into actionable plans.
Effective skills in areas of interpersonal, oral and written communication, organization, prioritization and planning, goal setting, analytical and problem solving.
Results-oriented, capable of managing and driving the completion of multiple competing projects.
Requires the ability to develop comprehensive business cases with detailed financial analysis.
Experience presenting to senior level leadership is required.
Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Ability to travel 15-25% (domestic & international)
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status