BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Systems Verification Scientist II in San Jose, California
Job Description Summary
To ensure that our cell analysis products deliver outstanding performance and exceed our customers’ expectations, BD Biosciences is seeking a passionate and capable Systems Verification Scientist II to contribute to a cross-disciplinary product development team, and to develop method improvements that drive greater efficiency and productivity of the Systems Verification team.
The Systems Verification Scientist II participates in the definition, design, and execution of verification activities throughout all phases of the product development process for BD Biosciences systems. This includes the design of test methods and test strategies, development and execution of formal protocols, analysis and interpretation of results, and communication of results and their impact through written reports, design reviews, and interactive discussions. The Scientist II role is a hands-on testing and problem-solving role, conducting experiments using flow cytometry and other BDB systems.
The individual maintains up-to-date knowledge of customer workflows and scientific advancements in flow cytometry and will be called upon to represent the voice of the customer to product developers and assist with translating the customer needs to product requirements. They work closely with systems engineers, marketing, and the product development team to support the successful application of new technologies and ensure that the system design meets technical, customer, and regulatory agency requirements. He/She regularly exercises sound, independent judgment and applies systems thinking, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting to generate innovative ideas to improve BD products and processes.
Education and Experience:
• Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, or Clinical Laboratory Science with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
• Hands on experience operating and troubleshooting flow cytometry analyzers and/or sorters, with knowledge of flow cytometry instrument platforms, applications and software, assay panel development and customer workflows..............................
• Experience designing and optimizing multi-parameter flow cytometry applications which may include: immunophenotyping, apoptosis, cell proliferation, cell activation, receptor expression, and/or intracellular calcium flux.
• Experience researching and applying scientific principles to create new or optimize existing laboratory procedures.
• Experience working within a regulated medical device industry with knowledge or experience in FDA submissions.
• Familiar with accreditation and guiding agencies for the clinical laboratory including CAP, CLIA, and CLSI, including experience in audits conducted by accrediting bodies.
• Ability to critically evaluate proposed study designs with basic knowledge of statistics, the calculation of sample sizes and/or estimation of statistical power.
• Ability to train bench-level personnel at multiple levels of education and/or expertise.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with others in a multi-disciplinary team.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated success leading projects, with the ability to meet technical objectives and solve challenges under conditions of ambiguity and rapid change
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status