BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Associate Maintenance Supervisor (Nights - M-F) in Sandy, Utah
Job Description SummaryThe Associate Maintenance Supervisor is an entry level leadership position where the successful candidate will have the opportunity to mentor and develop associates across multiple shifts. This position is a good fit for someone that is self-motivated, action oriented and able to foster positive relationships with each of their team members. This position will also allow for the development of key leadership skills and capabilities, while also utilizing the candidates technical skill set to mentor direct reports and actually complete the work required to troubleshoot highly automated production equipment. It is important for the successful candidate in this position to utilize effective communication skills in order to coordinate priorities across the team. This position will work a shift similar to a swing shift (M-F 6pm - 3am) with the ability to adjust as needed based on personal and departmental needs.
1. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor with opportunities to partner in the development strategy of the maintenance group.
2. This position is a working supervisor role, where the candidate will mentor and develop the maintenance team and will also perform many of the duties as those they supervise.
3. Direct, plan and coordinate the activities of maintenance personnel.
4. Coordinate shift scheduling with production departments to assure proper maintenance coverage consistent with the level of production activity.
5. Evaluate personnel and provide them with constructive feedback in order to improve individual performance. Annual evaluation of personnel performance including determination of wage and merit reviews including input from peers and customers.
6. Identify required training needs for maintenance personnel and arrange for required training.
7. Help manage spending budgets for spare parts.
8. Update and maintain machine documentation and procedures.
9. Provide maintenance support for ongoing production improvement, and spare parts replenishment support as required.
10. As necessary, coordinate department activities with the Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, and Materials Management departments.
11. Drive manufacturing TPM initiatives including 5s, and Kaizen.
12. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures includes RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
13. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Shift Schedule: Similar to a swing shift (6pm - 3am M-F) with opportunities to adjust as necessary to meet the needs of the candidate and the department.
A.S./A.A. degree in manufacturing technology or sufficient on-the-job experience.
Strong leadership skills. Self-starter with the ability to motivate and mentor others. Willing to develop a team and provide constructive feedback as needed.
Four years' maintenance support experience in a high-volume, manufacturing environment, or equivalent.
Must demonstrate knowledge in electro-mechanical devices for high-volume, automated manufacturing equipment. (Must be capable of troubleshooting PLC controlled machines)
Ability to operate in an environment without supervision.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status