BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Back-Up Line Mechanic in Sandy, Utah
Job Description Summary
Back-Up Line Mechanic
Night Shift 5:45 PM-6AM
Perform routine and non-routine adjustments and repairs to production equipment within the cell. Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment and machinery malfunctions and make major and minor repairs as required. Determine the need for additional support from the Senior Maintenance Mechanic and/or the Electronic Technician. Perform preventative maintenance on all production machinery within the cell on a scheduled frequency to assure optimum equipment efficiency with minimum downtime. Monitor equipment within the cell to identify machinery components which are nearing failure and schedule repairs to be made. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
1. Examine inoperative or malfunctioning production equipment and machinery and diagnose source of trouble (mechanical, electrical, or electronic). Determine what support functions are needed (mechanical or electronic) and coordinate and assist with repairs.
2. Dismantle machinery and perform routine and non-routine repairs. Replace broken or defective standard parts with stock items.
3. If a defective part is not a stock item, coordinate the manufacture of replacement parts with the Senior Maintenance Mechanic.
4. Reassemble machines and fine tune and adjust equipment under both static and dynamic conditions.
5. Oil, lubricate, and maintain production equipment to support of the Preventative Maintenance Program. Adhere to the established Preventative Maintenance schedules and remain in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures. Keep required maintenance records.
6. As required, perform functional operating adjustments on equipment when requested by Machine Operators or Production Supervisors to obtain quality production.
7. Participate in training and cross-training efforts of the mechanics and operators.
8. Assist the machine operators with set-up and changeovers to ensure minimum downtime.
9. Participate in plant safety programs and ensure equipment within the cell is operating in a safe manner. Understand and use the lockout/tag out system.
10. Know and understand scrap, up-time, and volume.
11. Operate equipment to meet production needs of team.
12. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
13. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience : One to four (1-4) years of experience in repairing industrial equipment, machinery, and high speed assembly equipment is required. Must have a working knowledge of electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems. Must be able to follow verbal instructions and understand both metric and American measuring systems.
Minimum Education : A.S. / A.A degree or equivalent experience preferred. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English and be competent in basic mathematics.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status