BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Chemistry Technician in Sandy, Utah
Job Description SummarySupports the QA Chemistry Laboratory by performing various functions including cleaning glassware, organizing laboratory supplies, maintaining MSDSs, maintaining chemicals and reagents, verifying equipment daily, and conducting safety inspections. Supports these activities with the appropriate documentation. Works independently or cooperatively
on special projects as required. Performs entry level chemistry testing. Documents testing appropriately.
1. Maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of laboratory glassware.
2. Uses analytical equipment of a straightforward nature that includes: dishwasher, balance and pH meter.
3. Supports analytical testing of a moderately complex nature by preparing samples and reagents.
4. Performs entry level testing of shelf life samples, raw materials, and finished goods to ensure compliance to
5. Performs verification of lab equipment.
6. Maintains and distributes chemicals and supplies.
7. Distributes Certificates of Analysis for standards, equipment, etc.
8. Maintains materials’ inventory.
9. Conducts monthly inspections of laboratory safety equipment.
10. Maintains laboratory Material Safety Data Sheets.
11. Performs above duties in accordance with BD quality policies/procedures/practices.
12. Complies with regulations as outlined in GMPs.
13. Disposes of laboratory waste.
14. Work overtime as needed by the department. Work flexible hours as business needs require.
15. Actively participate in Continuous Improvement teams and activities, including 5S, blitzes, Shift Start-up, updating
PVD boards, lean lite, KAS, etc.
16. Communicate in an effective, timely, and appropriate manner to all associates (i.e. peers, support teams and
management) including escalating issues.
17. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous
18. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality
19. Other duties as assigned.
HS diploma or GED
2 years laboratory experience in Quality preferred
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status