BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Intern - R&D Vascular Prep in Sandy, Utah
Job Description SummaryThis temporary position assists with R&D engineering activities and performs tasks associated with those activities.
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a team oriented, fast paced environment. BD/Bard Access Systems is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
• Assist with Assignments
• Apply Engineering principles
• Detail Oriented
• Responsible Team Member
• Identify tasks and be task oriented; take ownership of task/project
• Results Oriented
Potential Task Assignments within the scope of this position
1. Initiates new or revised documentation and tracks through appropriate approval cycles and implementation
2. Maintains a professional working relationship with internal & external customer and support staff
3. Participates on cross-functional teams.
4. Provides technical support on components, material methods, systems and equipment.
5. Assists in developing physical and functional test requirements to assure specifications & regulations are met.
6. Writes and reviews protocols, reports and data.
7. Conducts testing outlined in protocols and test methods
8. Executes validation studies on equipment & processes
9. Executes design controls
10. Analyzes design inputs
11. Trains on, understands and follows company procedures and regulatory requirements.
12. Participates in and provides input to training on department & division procedures, and policies.
13. Prepares and presents oral and written project updates and technical discussions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Basic Technical writing skills
2. Basic interpersonal skills – active listening
3. Ability to read drawings
4. Good understanding of engineering principles
5. Demonstrated ability to apply engineering principles
6. Ability to perform testing per written directions
7. Demonstrated comprehension of basic descriptive statistics
8. Basic Software application skills
9. Basic problem solving skills
10. Ability to collect and analyze data and derive conclusions
11. Ability to make recommendations to reach a solution
12. Oral and written presentation skills
13. Ability to follow design controls
14. Ability to work independently
A student working towards a Bachelor degree in science or engineering.
The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the duties and responsibilities.
This position is in an office and/or laboratory environment and requires the incumbent to sit, stand and perform general office functions. The incumbent may also be required to lift up to twenty five pounds occasionally. The incumbent may be required to stand for extended periods of time. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Additional LocationsUSA UT - Salt Lake City
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.