BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Line Mechanic (DAY SHIFT) in Sandy, Utah
Job Description Summary
THIS IS A DAY SHIFT POSITION 5:45 AM TO 6:00 PM INCLUDING EVERY OTHER WEEKEND (ROTATING SHIFT)
ENTRY LEVEL POSITION
Train and assist other Mechanics and Equipment Specialists to produce quality products according to schedule. Competently maintain and repair all equipment in all areas of the department. Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment and machinery malfunctions, make repairs and/or adjustments. Perform predictive and preventative maintenance on all
production machinery. Operate equipment as needed by the department. Participate in all team meetings, activities, team building initiatives, and continuous improvement activities.
1. Examine inoperative or malfunctioning production equipment and machinery and diagnose the source of trouble (mechanical or electronic). Coordinate with Electro Mechanic for repairs.
2. Dismantle machinery and perform routine and non-routine repairs. Replace broken or defective standard parts with stock items.
3. Coordinate the manufacture of specialized replacement parts with the Machine Shop when defective parts are not stock items.
4. Correctly read and interpret machine drawings.
5. Reassemble machines, fine tune and adjust equipment under both static and dynamic conditions.
6. Oil, lubricate, and maintain production equipment to support of the Preventative Maintenance Program. Adhere to the established Preventative Maintenance schedules and remain in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures. Keep required maintenance records.
7. Participate in plant safety programs and ensure equipment is operating in a safe manner. Understand and use the lockout/tagout and bypass system.
8. Perform functional operating adjustments on equipment when requested by the Machine Operators or Production Supervisors to obtain quality production.
9. Participate in training and cross-training efforts of Mechanics, Back-up Line Mechanics, Supervisors and Operators.
10. Request replacement parts as needed from Tool Crib. Follow through on any requests for missing parts. Return or rebuild parts as requested by the Tool Crib.
11. Certify on equipment specific to department. Support and train operators when needed.
12. Work overtime as needed by the department.
13. Actively participate in Continuous Improvement teams and activities, including 5S, blitzes, Shift Start-up, updating PVD boards, etc.
14. Continuously improve through the KAS program, meeting department goals for completed KAS.
15. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
16. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
17. Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain safe work behaviors.
• High quality products manufactured per task documents.
• Meet or exceed department KAS completion goals.
• Completed product to the customer.
• Well maintained and highly efficient equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• AS / AA degree or sufficient on-the-job experience.
• Must have a working knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
• Ability to work from rough sketches or verbal instructions and understand both metric and American measuring systems.
• Effective written and oral communication skills (English), basic math skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Minimum of one year sufficient on-the-job experience in repairing industrial equipment and machinery, as well as high speed assembly and packaging machinery.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status