BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Line Mechanic (Days/Nights) in Sandy, Utah
Job Description Summary
Directs and supports the team as a team leader. Assist the Back-Up Line Mechanics and Equipment Specialist to produce quality products according to schedule. Maintain and repair both single and multiple function equipment and automated machinery. Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment and machinery malfunctions, make repairs and/or adjustments. Perform routine preventative maintenance on all production machinery on a scheduled frequency to assure optimum equipment efficiency with minimum downtime. Often this individual will be required to identify machinery components which are nearing failure and take pro-active measures to prevent failure from occurring.
1. Address personnel needs, skills, training, and staffing of the production line.
2. Responsible to take corrective action with team members as needed.
3. Works with team to achieve quality and production goals to ensure they follow quality and manufacturing Standard Operating Procedures.
4. Examine inoperative or malfunctioning production equipment and machinery and diagnose the source of trouble (mechanical or electronic). Get additional support when needed.
5. Dismantle machinery and perform routine and non-routine repairs. Replace broken or defective standard parts with stock items.
6. Coordinate the manufacture of specialized replacement parts with the Machine Shop when defective parts are not stock items.
7. Reassemble machines, fine tune and adjust equipment under both static and dynamic conditions.
8. Oil, lubricate, and maintain the production equipment in support of the Preventative Maintenance Program. Adhere to established Preventative Maintenance schedules to remain in compliance with Federal Drug Administration standards. Keep required maintenance records.
9. Participate in training and cross-training efforts of Process Technicians, Mechanics, and Equipment Specialists.
10. Participate in plant safety programs and ensure equipment is operating in a safe manner. Understand and use the lockout/tag out system.
11. Perform functional operating adjustments on equipment when requested by the Machine Operators or Production Supervisors to obtain quality production.
12. Certify on equipment specific to department and support operators when needed.
13. Train operators in equipment operation as needed.
14. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
15. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
16. Other duties as assigned.
A.S. / A.A. degree in an Industrial Maintenance technician discipline or equivalent experience. Must have a working knowledge of electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems. Must be able to work from rough sketches or verbal instructions and understand both metric and American measuring systems. Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Also must have basic math skills.
High School Diploma / GED
Three (3) years directly related experience repairing industrial equipment and machinery.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status