BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Operation Leader in Sandy, Utah
Job Description SummaryResponsible for supervising the activities of a manufacturing operation. Coach the manufacturing activity for all direct reports in assigned area. Responsible for resolving or escalating employee relation issues. Participate in developing budget information and department production schedule for areas of responsibility. Coach associates to be accountable for production, quality, continuous improvement, safety, housekeeping and overall policy adherence.
Night Shift Wed - Sat. 330pm - 230am
1. Responsible for staffing plans and ensuring associates are trained to perform their jobs and progress in the future, this includes hiring, promoting, rewarding, terminating associates, and setting/managing overtime for the department.
2. Ensure an open flow of communication exists between production associates and management. Represent concerns of production associates to management, as well as management concerns to production associates.
3. Actively participate in Continuous Improvement (C.I.) activities and support C.I. programs such as: KAS, 5S, DM, Total Production Management, and 20 keys.
4. Collaborate with Production Planning to establish production schedules, monitor performance versus schedule for the department.
5. Oversee training within the department to ensure associates are knowledgeable in and following Standard Work and Good Manufacturing practices. Update and monitor associate learning plans in C2C.
6. Ensure fair and consistent application of company and departmental policies and practices, such as vacation, sick, attendance and FMLA. Manage all document and policy changes. Process accident reports.
7. Perform regular, timely, and accurate assessments of associates through the annual performance review system.
8. Track production metrics to ensure that department goals are being met. Communicates these metrics and progress to associates and management.
9. Conduct safety meetings and participate on the department ESC.
10. Develop and motivate associates through positive comments/feedback and recognition. 11. Works with associates to resolve employee relations issues and concerns; involves HR when needed.
12. Ensure manufactured products meet the established quality requirements. Work with Quality Engineering to implement new or revised quality plans.
13. Supervise daily production operations.
14. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures includes RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
15. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
16. Other duties as assigned.
BS degree in science, industrial management, engineering or a related field PREFERRED or 6+ years on-the-job experience and high school diploma / GED
Two years of broad experience in medical device production and/or technical manufacturing support and supervision
Experience in quality and statistical control preferred
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status