BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Senior Line Mechanic in Sandy, Utah
Job Description SummaryWith minimal supervision, maintain, repair and improve multi-function high-speed automatic manufacturing equipment. Mentor other mechanics, and assist with the design, installation, and improvement of new and existing manufacturing equipment. Troubleshoot, repair, and adjust all types of manufacturing equipment.
Assist Equipment Specialist, Back-Up Line Mechanics, and Line Mechanics to produce quality products according to schedule. Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment and machinery malfunctions, make repairs and/or adjustments. Perform routine preventative maintenance on all manufacturing and production machinery on a scheduled frequency to assure optimum equipment efficiency with minimum downtime. Often this individual will be required to identify machinery components which are nearing failure and take pro-active measures to prevent failure from occurring.
Living the BD Values
We Accept Personal Responsibility
• We accept personal responsibility for everything we do.
• We treat the company’s reputation as our own and try to make wise use of our time and the company’s resources.
We Treat Each Other With Respect
• We act with respect toward each other and toward those with whom we interact.
• We disagree openly and honestly, and deal with our differences professionally. Once we have made a decision, we act together in harmony.
We Always Seek To Improve
• Superior quality is the “ground floor” of our organization. Upon it we continually strive to improve by developing, manufacturing and supplying products and services superior to our competitors’ and better than the previous one.
• We study our progress and learn from ourselves and others how to do things more effectively and efficiently.
We Do What Is Right
• We are committed to the highest standards of excellence in everything that we do: on behalf of our customers, our shareholders, our communities and ourselves.
• We are reliable, honest and trustworthy in all our dealings. We keep our promises and if we make a mistake we put it right.
Responsible to take corrective action with team members as needed.
Works with team to achieve quality and production goals to ensure they follow quality and manufacturing Standard Operating Procedures.
Participate on Total Productive Maintenance blitz teams as necessary.
Examine inoperative or malfunctioning production equipment and machinery and diagnose the source of trouble (mechanical or electronic). Get additional support when needed.
Dismantle machinery and perform routine and non-routine repairs. Replace broken or defective standard parts with stock items.
Coordinate the manufacture of specialized replacement parts with the Machine Shop when defective parts are not stock items.
Reassemble machines, fine tune and adjust equipment under both static and dynamic conditions.
Adhere to established Preventative Maintenance schedules to remain in compliance with Federal Drug Administration standards. Keep required maintenance records.
Participate in training and cross-training efforts of Equipment Specialist, Back-Up Line Mechanics, and Line Mechanics.
Participate in plant safety programs and ensure equipment is operating in a safe manner. Understand and use the lockout/tag out system.
Perform functional operating adjustments on equipment when requested by the Machine Operators or Production Supervisors to obtain quality production.
Certify on equipment specific to department and support operators when needed.
Train operators in equipment operation as needed.
Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
Other duties as assigned.
PROMOTES AN INCLUSIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Practices zero tolerance for inappropriate behavior and does not allow derogatory comments/inappropriate jokes to go un-addressed
• Deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, physical abilities, ages and both sexes
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
• Can be counted on to achieve goals successfully
• Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
• Demonstrates willingness and commitment to work hard
• Takes decisive action when needed
• Listens effectively (actively listens)
• Constructively responds to points of view expressed by others
• Establishes foundation of credibility based on integrity and past performance
• Gains acceptance by understanding the viewpoints of others and seeking win/win solutions
CONTINUOUS AND VERSATILE LEARNING
• Has the job, functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
• Quickly learns new skills and knowledge
• Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done
• Knows how to organize people and activities
• Ensures associates create compelling development plans and assists in executing them
• Uses internal development resources and processes to actively participate in the development of associates
• Knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network
• Understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures
• Provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others
• Quickly and directly faces up to people problems, in any situation or with any person
Highly effective team
Well maintained manufacturing and production line
Minimum Education: A.S. / A.A. degree in an Industrial Maintenance technician discipline or equivalent experience. Must have a working knowledge of electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems. Must be able to work from rough sketches or verbal instructions and understand both metric and American measuring systems. Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Also must have basic math skills.
Minimum Experience: Three (3) years directly related experience repairing industrial equipment and machinery. Must have taken and passed all three BD Maintenance classes: Mechanical, Electrical, and Pneumatics. Also must have completed one year as a Line Mechanic.
Refer to Job Physical Demands Worksheet
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status