BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Technical Training Coordinator in Sandy, Utah
Job Description SummaryThe Training Coordinator ensures that all document training needs are met. Responsible for motivating and supporting associates in achieving manufacturing, production, and quality goals. The Training Coordinator makes decisions and ensures that all production workers are properly trained and resourced with necessary training materials. The Training Coordinator also enforces compliance with established procedures and work documents, and acts as the point person for the new documents within the SCM department. Good communication and time management are required as this person will conduct training, setup meetings, and coordinate training. This person will also support continuous improvement (CI) within the department, while also providing support to Coaches, CI Line Leaders, and Engineers for overall training performance of the department.
Living the BD Values
We Accept Personal Responsibility
• We accept personal responsibility for everything we do.
• We treat the company’s reputation as our own and try to make wise use of our time and the company’s resources.
We Treat Each Other With Respect
• We act with respect toward each other and toward those with whom we interact.
• We disagree openly and honestly, and deal with our differences professionally. Once we have made a decision, we act together in harmony.
We Always Seek To Improve
• Superior quality is the “ground floor” of our organization. Upon it we continually strive to improve by developing, manufacturing and supplying products and services superior to our competitors’ and better than the previous one.
• We study our progress and learn from ourselves and others how to do things more effectively and efficiently.
We Do What Is Right
• We are committed to the highest standards of excellence in everything that we do: on behalf of our customers, our shareholders, our communities and ourselves.
• We are reliable, honest and trustworthy in all our dealings. We keep our promises and if we make a mistake we put it right.
Responsible for the documentation of training in C2C.
Schedules, coordinates, and initiates training.
Records and maintains all necessary certifications, as per process and career block requirements.
Identifies gaps in training, development, and recertification.
Responsible for the identification and implementation of solutions to training gaps, by utilizing training analysis.
Actively evaluates and improves training methodology (train the trainer).
Update and create training and task documents.
Participates in Continuous Improvement (CI) activities and support CI programs such as: Standard Work, KAS, 5S, DM, Total Production Management, and 20 keys.
Ensures training is consistent across all shifts.
Responsible for updating the department training matrix.
Ensures all trainers and training programs are aligned, through periodic audits. Revokes certification if needed.
Periodically updates and audits Standard Work and task documents.
Supports department in staffing and assures associates are trained to perform their jobs.
Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures includes RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
Other duties as assigned.
Be able to provide technical support
PROMOTES AN INCLUSIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Practices zero tolerance for inappropriate behavior and does not allow derogatory comments/inappropriate jokes to go un-addressed
• Deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, physical abilities, ages and both sexes
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
• Can be counted on to achieve goals successfully
• Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
• Demonstrates willingness and commitment to work hard
• Takes decisive action when needed
• Listens effectively (actively listens)
• Constructively responds to points of view expressed by others
• Establishes foundation of credibility based on integrity and past performance
• Gains acceptance by understanding the viewpoints of others and seeking win/win solutions
CONTINUOUS AND VERSATILE LEARNING
• Has the job, functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
• Quickly learns new skills and knowledge
• Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done
• Knows how to organize people and activities
• Ensures associates create compelling development plans and assists in executing them
• Uses internal development resources and processes to actively participate in the development of associates
• Knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network
• Understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures
• Provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others
• Quickly and directly faces up to people problems, in any situation or with any person
Highly effective team
Well maintained manufacturing and production line
Minimum Education: A.S. / A.A. degree in an Industrial Maintenance technician discipline or equivalent experience. Must have a working knowledge of electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems. Must be able to work from rough sketches or verbal instructions and understand both metric and American measuring systems. Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Also must have basic math skills.
Minimum Experience: Three (3) years directly related experience repairing industrial equipment and machinery. Internal applicants must have taken and passed all three BD Maintenance classes: Mechanical, Electrical, and Pneumatics. Also must have completed one year as a Line Mechanic.
Refer to Job Physical Demands Worksheet
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status