BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Technical Writer in Sandy, Utah
Job Description SummaryUnder limited supervision, writes documents for assigned area of responsibility. Primary function is to assure that the overall product control system is not compromised by individual changes but is reinforced through well thought-out, timely changes and implementation schedules in keeping with management objectives. Assure that all documentation related to new products and processes, and modifications to existing products and processes are completed at the time of implementation.
1) Writes complex documents in clear and concise language. Documents include task procedures and operational specifications.
2) Fluent in word processing and document formatting skills. Word processing skills and document formatting skills meet department standards for correctness and productivity.
3) Has a working knowledge of working with subject matter experts to extract information for developing new documents to support new products and services. Can observe performance of tasks, experiments or methods of production, referring to blueprints, sketches, engineering drawings and journals ad write documents.
4) Assures procedures in documents are correct and efficiently set-up for the document users.
5) Follows written and verbal management direction easily.
6) Trains new writers.
7) Complies with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures including RCRA Hazardous waste regulations.
8) Complies with all local BD quality policies/procedures/practices through consistent application of sound Quality Assurance principles.
BA/BS in English, Literature, Technical Writing or Any Science field REQUIRED
Two years of technical writing experience. Medical Device Manufacturing PREFERRED. Regulated Industry experience REQUIRED
Completed any internal and/or external required training.
Certified as a technical writer PREFERRED
Some group facilitation experience preferred.
Proficient at word processing, creating tables, complex documents, figures, graphics and organizing electronic files.
Ability to read and interpret complex material.
Knowledge of EDMS
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status