BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Field Service Engineer in South Korea, South Korea
Job Description Summary
The FSE performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties or responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
• Basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance, and repair on designated equipment.
• Completing Preventative Maintenance and field modifications.
• Ordering and managing repair parts cycle times.
• Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
• Maintaining daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up.
• Maintaining tools and test equipment and ensuring they are properly calibrated.
• Utilizing the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues.
• Identifying and participating in sales opportunities such as new contracts, contract renewals and system sales.
• Working as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
• Adhering to current quality and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications & Requirements
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities, would be acceptable, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree, Bio-medical, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, equivalent experience. It is around 23 years of experience with medical or diagnostic equipment industry is a plus.
• Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job, customer service and experience.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy-to-understand manner.
• Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
• Strong time management skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
• Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities. Able to work productively in a pressurized environment.
• Experience with medical devices and equipment, PCs/software/LIS&HIS/networking/database management knowledge is highly desirable.
• Experience working with and troubleshooting electro-mechanical / microprocessor-based products is desirable.
• PC-based equipment and application software knowledge highly desirable.
Primary Work Location
KOR South Korea - Seoul HQ
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.